What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

1st run

9 Likes

Same here. The fibre cable has been yards away for 2+ years.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m definitely up for a bit of that :+1:t3:

2 Likes

The termination unit is on the telegraph pole directly outside my lounge window on the opposite side of the road. It’s been there since before the first lockdown and is a constant reminder of the Broadband we COULD have.
We currently manage on between 1mb/s to 2.5mb/s, averaging at around 1.75mb/s :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Nice one Geoff, thanks :+1:

Just curious, ive often wondered if you painstakingly take the effort to type in the catalogue details on your posts or if you have some kind of programme that does it.

2 Likes

Don Drummond - Greatest Hits (Treasure Isle)

A selection of Jamaican trombonist Don D’s best loved sides leading The Skatalites at Duke Reid’s Tresure Isle Studio.
Unusually fine JA pressing from Disc Pressers on Orange St Kingston and sounding great.

:heart:

5 Likes

Hi Dread

Having built a CD collection (which gets frequently played) I decided to take pictures of all my discs when the Forum software moved to the current platform and allowed image uploads.

With the CD case in my hand it doesn’t take long at all, to add the information of year / label / country / catalogue number. Occasionally, I might need to check information of the version on Discogs, or I will grab musician names if they might be relevant or of interest. Note, when I copy and paste I use Notepad on my PC, because it strips out the html links (web code) hidden in the names, and just takes the plain text.

The result of this small effort means I have been building a handy photo reference of all my CDs, and should any go missing or get damaged, I can check uploaded information to find an exact replacement.

I would add, that using the Forum search facility also helps me find out when I last listened to a particular CD, and to duplicate the image / info if previously uploaded - making text changes if needed. I don’t post everything I listen to, as some still require photographs, but as I said - for me this has been a useful excercise.

Now @seakayaker he really makes an effort with his posting details! :+1:

6 Likes

I feel your pain! I’ve got ‘sort of’ 26 as a download speed but it’s not stable, can drop calls as you make them and streaming is often interrupted. I’m on the Oxon/Berks border so not super rural but I’ve experienced 3x ‘my’ speed in remote parts of Wales.

1 Like

Hats off Geoff and yes Seekayaker goes the extra mile too :+1:

1 Like

Emerson Lake & Palmer / 2011 Sony / Germany CD / 88697830072

14 Likes

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs. CD rip. Hard to pick a favourite, but I think this is one of his very best.

13 Likes

BT engineer just left and we are back on line and the Music is flowing again.
Needless to say, he blamed the Sky engineers that came in the summer for buggering up the wiring that HE has now FIXED!
Funny how it was working fine, albeit in its terrible performance, until last week :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Listen to Flanders and Swann “The Gas Man Commeth” and all will be clear! :grin:

1 Like

Their ‘Song of Reproduction’ also appeals to me!

1 Like

The Whitest Boy Alice - Dreams. CD rip.

1 Like

Matthew e white outer face ep, which I seem to remember came with big inner when I bought the cd from rough trade. A great freebie with 5 additional tracks of soul / funk from the Deep South. Not sure how to classify his music, but he is one cool geezer.

2 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

6 Likes

Waterboys - This Is The Sea. CD rip.

7 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

17 Likes

Calling all Junglist massive…:grin:

Congo Natty - Jungle Revolution (Don Dada 2LP)

:heart:

2 Likes