What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Sorry, but who and what please?

2 Likes

Genesis - Nursery Cryme to break us into the day over my special porridge and coffee

21 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

It’s Black Acid Soul by Lady Blackbird.

3 Likes

I think Black Acid Soul of Marley Munroe (Lady Blackbird).

Sorry for the repeat, I put it in the queue to show my regret.

16 Likes

I haven’t played this in ages.

21 Likes

‘Wonderwall Music’ - George Harrison

My repaired NAP 300 arrived back from Salisbury this morning.

18 Likes

Continuing with the best of British Prog this morning with Yes - The Yes Album also, just like Nursery Cryme, from 1971.

20 Likes

Beatles For Sale, in stereo.

20 Likes

Check Your Head/Beasties.

6 Likes

Wagner - Tristan und Isolde - Staatskapelle Dresden / Carlos Kleiber

I’m not sure I’m in the mood to go all the way through, but I wanted to remind myself of this version, which is probably my preferred one right now.

7 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers, listening to the first cd release, distributed by CBS with excellent sound quality.

27 Likes

Steely Dan Gaucho / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93521

Drive west on Sunset
To the sea
Turn that jungle music down
Just until we’re out of town

24 Likes

I haven’t listened to this for a while.

14 Likes

Something folk-ish to start the day.

1 Like

I rememember when I first heard Solid Air in the mid-80s, I became obsessed by it and played my vinyl LP to death.

I normally loathe folk music, but Martyn was different from your usual twee guy/gal with a guitar or mandolin – the slurred singing, the incredible guitar playing and use of echoplex especially, the collisions in his music with jazz, prog and the avant agarde; not to mention his superb songwriting skills.

This 2-CD edition brings alternate takes and demos to the party; not sure they add all that much to the near-perfect original but the live stuff is pretty decent.

29 Likes

Very interesting Kevster, I didn’t know some of that. I have it on CD so I will have to give it a listen too, its been a while!

1 Like

What an influence this guy had on my teenage years.

20 Likes

16 Likes

Tame Impala - Currents

My son switched me on to this. Described as Psych-pop or synth-pop. I find it strangely compelling! It’s one of those groups where one guy plays all the instruments

9 Likes