What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Something a little louder….

Saw them at Nottingham’s Rock City last night
Missed Burton’s vocals, new guy (Milo Silvestro) ok but vocals too low in the mix

Fear Factory - Recoded

This album is really just a remix of their previous album “Aggression Continuum"

1 Like

Love American Style/Beastie Boys

Prelude EP to the mighty Paul’s Boutique.

3 Likes

Had forgotten about this, its excellent, Thank you for sharing :+1:

The Allman Brothers Band - At Filmore East - CD

21 Likes

Just watching a supposedly 1979 Christmas special which has some sketches I’d completely forgotten. A few are clearly of their time, but most simply hilarious but would never be made now.

1 Like

Craft Latino’s all-analogue reissue of a 1980s Puente classic, sounding fabulous!

7 Likes

You do realise, what you have done, don’t you, it’s going to be a nostalgic look back at NTNON over the weekend.:+1:

2 Likes

There are some on Britbox, but absolutely loads on YouTube.

1 Like

Doom instrumentals.

3 Likes

2 parts Oats to 2 parts Milk to 3 parts Water.
Ginger, Sweet Cinnamon, Table Spoon of Honey, pinch of Salt and a knob of Butter.

1 Like

Mmm nice :+1:

King Curtis. Live at Fillmore West.
Sax player who released the great 60s single Memphis soul stew and is heard on the opening credits to Withnail and I with wonderful version of A whiter shade of pale. Cd rip.

8 Likes

Caravan - Blind Dog at St. Dunstan’s

Not received favourably by the music critics at the time. One can only assume they didn’t bother listening to it - this was released at the time of punk, when anything vaguely musical was frowned upon. The songs may be shorter, radio ready perhaps as Caravan sought the ever elusive hit single, but they still possess some very hummable melodies. Jan Schelhass had replaced Dave Sinclair on keyboards, meaning the only original members left were Pye Hastings and Richard Coughlan.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Continuing with the heavy stuff….

Fear Factory - Obsolete

1 Like

A selection of Del Amitri cd singles that were always chock full of brilliant bonus tracks

71Od1k8jRuL.AC_UY218
41he+-z3GRL.AC_UY218
61ewELPya9L.AC_UY218
21p2q06n6zL.AC_UY218

6 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Layla, 2021.

This was something in 2021, time flies.

11 Likes

Prompted by JD’s Substance. . .

Rarely play NO these days, but this is a joyous throwback to post-grad days 1987.

17 Likes

After listening to the Martin Freeman Beatles Eras series on BBC Sounds yesterday, this seemed like a no brainer. Listening off axis, as feeling the need to lie down after double vaccination this lunchtime.

26 Likes

I’m looking forward to catching up with this. Even the trailers had me hooked.

2 Likes