What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Got this live-on-the-Côte-d’Azur Verve vinyl LP in Brussels last weekend for a mere €10. Now getting its first runout on the old fruitbox. Great version of “La Plus Belle Africaine”!

9 Likes

John Mayer - Sob Rock.

9 Likes

16 Likes

10 Likes

Now playing…

Ches Smith - The Bell

Ches Smith (Drums, Vibraphone, Timpani), Craig Taborn (Piano) and Mat Maneri (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Saturday morning with this fine album from Chef with Craig and Mat and the music is sounding sublime! A lovely way to ease into the day…

4 Likes

6 Likes

If the music nice post it twice!

2 Likes

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

24 Likes

Slightly mellower tunes ……

The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

9 Likes

Enjoying this.

.sjb

15 Likes

1 Like

Cracking this CD box open for the first time in years with the ‘White Album’.

22 Likes

The Blue Nile - Hats - CD

Is it really 34 years, since this was released…

20 Likes

Another €10 vinyl bargain. It’s a 1960s “enhanced for stereo” record but the sound’s not bad – and the music’s great of course.

14 Likes

Black Sabbath Reunion First time on triple vinyl

6 Likes

It’s on my playlist for next week.
Haven’t listened to OMD in years, so really looking forward to listening to the new one.

1 Like

1 Like

White Light: Gene Clark. Such a gem. Haven’t listened to it for a long time. Was prompted by the Gene Clark song on The Third Mind 2 (though not on this album).

10 Likes

Counting down to next week and the week after, bracing myself for the new song and then the SQ of the 2023 mixes. The latter, according to press release info’, utilising the MAL audio tech Peter Jackson and Emile De La Rey deployed to great use on the Get Back project.

This will give us the 2023 stereo mixes. Presume the non-2023 mixes will be taken from the anniversary editions of Let It Be, Pepper et al. Though, maybe not, as that would mean the 62-66 & 67-70 sets going forward would be substantively based on Giles’ & Sam’s mixes.

Personally, I’d have loved a true stereo all analogue mix throughout. Maybe that’ll be the companion to the 2014 mono box one day. One can only hope.

The compilations pictured above are much less regarded than the Red & Blue sets, so time to delve in and get ready for the upcoming 6LP bonanza.

9 Likes