What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Smoke Fairies - Through Low Light & Trees. Been in the queue since posted a few days ago by @Debs. Wonderful. Must explore their catalogue. Thanks Debs.

9 Likes

6 Likes

I was in my local garage this morning and Changes was on so I just had to play it when I got home.

I decided to play this version instead of my old Hunky Dory, it’s subtlety different from the original and complements it well.

26 Likes

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Zuma - CD

19 Likes

Good morning Clive

All perfect with the broadcast with regard to background noise on Sarah’s speech.
I live down near Brighton so might be different FM conditions then were you are in the country. I am about 5 miles from the transmitter and have a roof ariel.

I have a A@R Cambridge T21 which is an absolute peach of a tuner.I did think about buying a NAT 02 a couple of years ago but to be honest I am so happy with my T21 that for the marginal gain I couldn’t really justify it from a money point.
The main thing was I got it in the local paper classifieds for £15 years ago,thinking it would be better than my Creek 3040…I was really stunned just how much better it was and hardly any simbilants on speech .

I heard a NAT101 years ago at the London dealers The Cornflake Shop and always remember just how sweet sounding it sounded playing some Vivaldi lute music on Radio 3…very impressive and I still adore the look of it with the back lit tuning drum.

I know you have an O1…very nice…in the top 10 tuners in the World I would say.
I love listening to Radio 3 and not having to think what to play like when you play CD or vinyl…its like someone is doing the music and sit back and soak it up.

Here is my T21 …this morning on its side …a new power amp went in the rack and no space for it there …It sounds fine on its side and away from other kit

Wishing you a very relaxing Sunday

4 Likes

Igor hisself conducting The Firebird
Columbia Symphony Orch.

2015 DMM cut from Vinyl Passion Classical.
I’m no expert but it sounds beautiful to me.

8 Likes

Moved down to the Cabin and playing the new OMD album ‘Bauhaus Staircase’.

My father would have loved the title of this album, being an Interior Design professor after a long career in practice and a great exponent of the Bauhaus school & movement.

13 Likes

Enjoying the Kate Bush back catalogue at the moment. Amazing to listen to The Kick Inside and realise Kate was 19 when this was released! The production is fantastic. Can thoroughly recommend the Qobuz hires stream version.

26 Likes

4 Likes

I haven’t listen to this in ages! It’s a lovely album and good sound quality.

7 Likes

David Sanborn Backstreet / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28071

David Sanborn Saxophone
Marcus Miller Bass, Piano, Synthesizer, Guitars, Steel Drums
Luther Vandross, Marcus Miller, Barry Johnson, Tawatha Agee, Yvonne Lewis Backing Vocals
Hiram Bullock Guitar
Michael Colina Synthesizer
Ralph MacDonald Percussion
Steve Gadd Drums

5 Likes

OMD - English Electric - CD

Following OMD’s new release, decided to delve into the back catalogue.

7 Likes

17 Likes

2018 vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

2 Likes

Just after I’d typed that, the next piece of music came to an end and the noise had gone. It really did sound like an open door to her studio. I suppose there is a possibility it could have been due to the transmitter. Although I’m only a mile or so by line of site from the transmitter, it is just a relay station, whereas I assume you receive your signal from Rowridge.

1 Like

6 Likes

2023, Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex, on vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Neutral Milk Hotel

“On Avery Island” 45rpm edition

The little lost sister of “In the aeroplane over the sea” this album is chock full of the crunchy, lyrically odd yet fuzzy folk rock you’d expect from the mind of Jeff Mangum

4 Likes

The Cranberries – Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We?
vinyl|1993

2017 reissue. Haven’t listened to this album in a while.

13 Likes

OMD - Architecture & Morality - CD

20 Likes