What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Oscar Peterson - Standards - CD

11 Likes

Got bored of that Keith Jarret. Maybe I need to be in a different mood :thinking:
Joining @Pete_the_painter with Band On The Run, which is Mr McCartney’s finest according to Mrs QS😁

16 Likes

Morning/evening I forgot how good it was, should play it more often.

Playing on CD - Perfect before work the positivity of Carry On in particular gets the working week going nicely

24 Likes

Lou Reed New York (remastered).

18 Likes

Looking at the cover, there are some big names in that band. Great album. The follow up Venus and Mars has its moments too.

5 Likes

I read that 2 of them left just before they started recording the album. Apparently it’s mainly the 3 of them Linda Danny and Paul.

6 Likes

Rob Luft - Dahab Days. Lovely jazz guitar with middle eastern accents. Nice start to a busy day

7 Likes

Iona Brown & The Norwegian Chamber Orchestra Schubert + Mendelssohn
1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd026

5 Likes

Hugh Laurie - Let Them Talk

All too easily, I can imagine Hugh and his mates knocking this stuff out on a Friday night in the JCR, around the old joanna. That was forty years ago.

Still a pleasure as far as this listener is concerned :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Band infighting, a dearth of half-decent material, disharmony, absent members, cod-reggae, a hatful of studios and Culture Club members (and their producer), all add to the heady mix of a brilliant, one time Beatles-equalling band going down a slurry-filled plughole.

Still, remarkably there’s some gems amongst the dreck.

Keepin’ The Summer Alive (1980)

The Beach Boys (1985)

7 Likes

That gets a ‘like’ for the gorgeous photography alone! No idea what the music is like.

1 Like

The Third Mind/2
First play of this second album.
Played some good music lately but this is up there with the best imo. Another one on the purchase list.
Qobuz

Nod to @crispyduck

12 Likes

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

20 Likes

Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay - CD

16 Likes

At work today so giving this another listen…

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Bauhaus Staircase

11 Likes

Lovely sounding 1987 CD of Yellow Sub.

15 Likes

Not very informative ?!

Pale Sun - Tides

2 Likes