What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It is it just screams summer.

A very very underrated home grown album Hello by Sarah Humphreys.

6 Likes

Was my first Ben Harper album, and was a random CD purchase when it came out due to the description that Virgin music store used to have next to the ones they were pushing.

Loved it instantly and then later that summer went to visit my French family in Paris and it turned out he was really popular over there.

My less musically bothered mate would always say “wasn’t he in that comedy with that Zoe Wannamaker?” ….

Got quite a few albums since and his Diamonds on the inside is another really good one.

3 Likes

Haven’t played Mr Grumpys Moondance for awhile.

23 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be grumpy these days

He’s smiling and appears to be happy making not so great music

Led Zeppelin ll :grin:

31 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on this one Simon…just listened to it and really enjoyed it.

Lucinda Williams Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

20 Likes

Further listening to recommended albums from the forum:
now Telekon - Gary Newman
and before that Hello by Sarah Humphreys which was very pleasant.

2 Likes

Billy Joel went to No.1 on the US album chart today, 18th Nov 1978 with his sixth studio album, ‘52nd Street’. His first US No.1 album was also the first commercial album to be released on compact disc (by Sony Music Entertainment) and won Joel the 1979 Grammy for Album of the Year.

17 Likes

Tender Epoch/Rudy De Anda

1 Like

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11611

30 Likes

One of the great Delta blues singers.

7 Likes

Wake up time. Jimmy Smith’s House Party (Rudy Van Gelder edition).

10 Likes

I have this one, recorded in 2012. The 2022 version has different musicians and gut stringed instruments, so it will be interesting to hear the difference, and I’ve found it at half price on Presto. Result.

Probably my favourite of the recompositions is this.

12 Likes

Listening to this. Why?

Because its a damp cold morning and this slice of great British jazz seems a nice remedy.

Blue Beginnings… not played for a while as it usually gets trumped by Dusk Fire or Shades of Blue .

Lovely release by Jazz In Britain.

I’m warming up already.

10 Likes

14 Likes

1st run of the new one

7 Likes

It seems appropriate to play this today, In 2017 Malcolm Young died age 64. Young was best known as a co-founder, rhythm guitarist, backing vocalist and songwriter for AC/DC

20 Likes

9 Likes