What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It’s a Blondie bonanza on Beeb 2 this evening.

Kicking off, at 20.00 : Blondie at the BBC.

A run through the BBC archives.

21.00 : When Blondie Came to Britain.

bf57a20f-b2e0-57c7-86cf-fbbba4e464d0.jpg

“The band’s enduring relationship with the UK, revealing how they left an indelible mark on British pop culture.”

22.00 : Blondie in Concert.

f6f7fdaa-435c-549a-93b5-5aaff8b20c6a.jpg

1979 live concert from The Apollo, Glasgow.

23.30 :

d2867b96-a466-5e6a-96e3-ea592f56a38c.jpg

Blondie’s first-ever appearance at the Glastonbury Festival, in 1999, from the Pyramid Stage.

Almost 4 solid hours of Blondie tonight … … … phew!

21 Likes

Qobuz hires stream. Oh yes!

G

22 Likes

Tears for Fears: Seeds of Love… What an amazing album. Great for hearing what the new boxes can do. Very happy Neil… :sunglasses:

28 Likes

Hugh Masekela, Hope, 1994.

I was a bit aware of Hugh Masekela from following Graceland of Paul Simon, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Brenda Fassie and others.

But the other day I listened to Stimela in a wonderful system of dCS, D’Agostino and Wilson’s Sashas. It was sublime, magnificent. It ignited my interest in Hugh Masekela again.

I have the perception that he went from tribe musician and freedom fighter to very sophisticated trumpet jazz player. I can somehow connect to the places of Hugh’s life and understand his story, which is fascinating.

So playing Hope because I had to buy this CD and it arrived this week.

17 Likes

The only Marillion album I listen to. I do love it though. This the Qobuz 2020 hires.

Fantastic bombastic.

G

21 Likes

Interesting… I’m a Fugazi man myself… mostly for Assasing.

4 Likes

I’ve never listened to the others! Will give it a stream after ‘Script’.

Cheers

G

3 Likes

No apologies for posting these albums again, third spin after last weekend

The Beatles - 1962-1966 2023 version. Fab!

22 Likes

On the train to Leeds for tonight’s gig.

13 Likes

Wow, now that’s an advance copy!

6 Likes

Whoops! :grinning:

2 Likes

I was away when the “new” Red and Blues came out, so I’m going to listen via Amazon Ultra HD/BluOS 4 to see what all the fuss is about. Starting at the beginning…

20 Likes

Spinning The Truth Around ( Part 11 ), Blue October.

1 Like

With all this activity going on about the release of The Complete Budakan I just had to put on my old original Japanese copy! Sadly the Obi is long gone.
One of my all time favourite albums :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

It’s a wonderful album, the live Stimela is fantastic music & demo quality. I don’t know if you’ve seen/own this 3CD compilation but it’s cheap, contains the original Stimela & arguably finds Masekela at his rootsy best with much on CD for the first time. Wouldn’t normally butt in like this so apologies for that but the 3CD set is such a bargain.

5 Likes

Very lucky to have it here and next in the queue. Thank you @twofifty.

Hugh Masekela, Masekela '66-'76, 2018.

5 Likes

Someone gave me this on tape when I was 12, spawned my lifelong love of all metal genres.

6 Likes

:+1:

Michael Franks The Music In My Head / 2018 Shanachie / US CD / SH5459

4 Likes

Not played this in years, so checking to see if he called it right.

G

13 Likes