What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

LVB. 5th. Vinyl.

The main guy with his biggest number? Probably the most famous intro in music. Impressive. (the neighbours are out :smile:)

14 Likes

Ben Harper. The will to live
Probably my favourite of his. From 1997.
Eyeing up Winter is for lovers too

16 Likes

After a blast of Fallen have now replaced that with the calmer melodies of Burt and Elvis.

Music to tidy the house too.

14 Likes

Garage psychedelia from the Tell Tale Hearts

4 Likes

My last for the day Roger Waters DSOTM redux

18 Likes

The Beatles - 1967-1970, 2023 version, (types carefully :smile:)

26 Likes

Blondie - Eat To The Beat - CD

Seeing it’s Blondie day on the Beeb tonight, let’s get in the mood.

20 Likes

Working muy way through the new Blue – not sure it works as well as the Red, but I rather like the remix of “Walrus”.

22 Likes

Oscar Peterson Trio + 1 Clark Terry

Not good! :grimacing:

When Clark Terry starts playing trumpet, ouch! :weary: Don’t like his vocal either when it’s there.

This is the type of playing/sound that kept me away from Jazz for over 40 years.

Definitely not my taste. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Love this album. Had lots of plays on my system :grin:

1 Like

IMG_7643

Just an exceptional album. His best songs are like mini films and his ability to make you feel part of every scene is exceptional. ‘The Boss’.

22 Likes

Max Richter. The new Four Seasons. Vivaldi recomposed. Got a quiet moment to give this recommendation from @Pete_the_painter a listen.
Now I am no expert on Classical music but I thoroughly enjoyed this and have to say that it made me feel a lot better .
That’s why I love this thread. Sharing the love of music.
Qobuz

15 Likes

The Rolling Stones - England’s Newest Hit Makers - 2002 - ABKCO SACD 8822872

Recorded 1966

This should cheer me up!

18 Likes

Just bought the Stereo Box of Ormandy……, it triggered me to listen to two albums from the mono box…

10 Likes

1st run

4 Likes

Who - what please ?

Madonna - Music.

14 Likes

Tinariwen. Amatssou Deluxe edition.
Now that my mood has lifted I think I can try and get it higher with this, one of my favourite releases of the year, produced by Daniel Lanois.
Qobuz until my copy arrives.

10 Likes

The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys

6 Likes

That looks interesting, will have to check it out and have a listen, thanks for posting :+1:

1 Like