What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Blondie - Autoamerican - CD

Continuing with Blondie

21 Likes

On this gloomy North Yorks. afternoon, some older Robert Plant choons are helping lift my mood.

12 Likes

Apologies.

1 Like

Eurythmics - Revenge.

22 Likes

Not sure what to expect from this next one, but seeing as I have the original and the anniversary remaster, might as well have the full hand.

8 Likes

Meeting Across The River exemplifies this for me.

3 Likes

Glad I took the opportunity to listen to this.

What a cracking album full of country/bluegrass type songs and ballads. By some accounts very few of the songs appear in the film, but what a voice young Rachel Zegler has.

Only had a listen because my daughter is going to see it on Monday and I like Olivia Rodrigo’s latest album. Olivia Rodrigo sings the theme, I’d almost suggest skipping that and starting with The Hanging Tree, sent shivers down my spine.

Highly recommended, it would have been so easy to simply dismiss it as a dystopian teen movie soundtrack before you have a listen, glad I didn’t.

(Rachel Zegler’s name wan’t familiar but she has a strong theatrical musical history it seems, played Maria in Spielberg’s 2021 adaptaion of West Side Story, and is the live action lead for the upcoming new Disney Snow White - I remember seeing her describe the prince in the original as ‘a stalker’ :scream_cat:)

4 Likes

Goldfrapp – Silver Eye
vinyl|2017

15 Likes

On CD:-

Anton Bruckner - Symphony No.2 - Bernard Haitink - Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam

6 Likes

Gong - Pulsing Signals (Live) - Tidal 16/44
Getting in the mood for seeing them with Ozric Tentacles tonight, their recent live album. Lots of very enjoyable space/psychedelic rock noodling.

10 Likes

The Meters. Self titled.
Why? Because it’s 1969, it’s New Orleans and it’s recommended by @Tony
Qobuz

13 Likes

Absolutely :+1:

2 Likes

Ozric Tentacles - Lotus Unfolding - Tidal 16/44
And following up with the Ozrics’s new album, it’s another taste of psychedelic goodness. Despite having only one original member left it’s an authentic Ozric tentacles sound.
The gig tonight starts at 6, dunno if that’s an early start for an earlier finish as a concession to the age of the audience or Arthur Brown.

9 Likes

All set to record.
Lots to watch whilst Mrs QS is away at conference from tomorrow afternoon :grin:

1 Like

Why? Continuing my education in all things Miles.

13 Likes

Have a good evening Eoin :+1:

2 Likes

The Shins – Live At Third Man Records
vinyl|2013

Indie rock.

6 Likes

Thanks Alan.

1 Like

s-l500
Phil Collins - But Seriously.

22 Likes

The Wailers
Catch A Fire - The Original Jamaican Mix
Limited Japan release, though weirdly pressed at GZ (I read).

Sounds fab.

Pride of place next to my UK first press Zippo (never liked the later spliff cover. Zippo ftw everytime).

16 Likes