What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nice :+1: - rare too in that condition!

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Works Vol 1 - CD

18 Likes

My pride and joy!

14 Likes

Ozric Tentacles | Jurassic Shift | 1993
Mainly because I’m jealous of @Eoink getting to see them tonight and playing this particular one because it’s thirty this year.

12 Likes

First spin…

IMG_0722

2017 Jazz At 33⅓ rpm series vinyl, real cracker this one… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

16 Likes

Stones on SACD sounds fantastic! Wish I had more of them…

7 Likes

Yep, I got very lucky with a copy in mint condition…like me, my UK Zippo is showing its age now (proudly so!)

3 Likes

I have most of the ABKCO SACD releases.

IMO they are really good. Instruments come through cleanly as well as the vocals. Excellent remasters imo and a pleasure to listen to :grin:

4 Likes

Phronesis - The Behemoth

In the Qobuz sale - Hi Res for a few quid.

Normally a trio but expanded for this release notably with Julian Argüelles arranger & conductor of the Frankfurt Radio Big Band

6 Likes

Yep good album.

1 Like

Live Genesis their last album with Steve Hackett who left when they were mixing it in London in 1977 @ why they named it Seconds Out as first to leave was Peter Gabriel.
So many classics but Cinema Show is my favourite with Bill Bruford recorded a year earlier in 1976.

23 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks.

It’s all killer and a fine demonstration of his Bobnesses creative might. A benchmark album.

33 Likes

@davidng

So, a return to silliness courtesy of random YouTube selections and Napalm Records’ rather diverse metal bands.

This is a first genre wise for me - a German Medieval Metal band that’s been around since 2004, who just happen to be doing an ABBA cover.

Musical equivalent of the Monster Raving Loony Party?

I was half expecting a cameo from Benny Hill.

5 Likes

17 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

Welcome back to Blighty, Kev.

3 Likes

Ozric Tentacles | Strangeitude | 1991
I need more Ozrics and this one has so many really fab trax, Sploosh and Strangeitude just to mention two.

16 Likes

1980 UK first pressing on Zoom Records. From the days when the Minds were still brilliant, when they looked towards Europe rather than America, when they sounded like the future rather than the past, and when Derek Forbes’ bass and Mike McNeil’s synths drove things along.

21 Likes

Superchunk – What A Time To Be Alive
vinyl|2018

Indie rock.

4 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Works Vol 2 - CD

15 Likes

As soon as I get home! Not really my thing, but just so that I can trot it out down the pub. " I don’t suppose you’ve heard…" :joy::joy: And anyway, you never know.

2 Likes