What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sounding ethereal and deeply spiritual on vinyl before leaving for work.The purity is off the scale
Faure - Requiem

9 Likes

Wishing you a good day Garry …classic Sabs…I am listening to the complete opposite :rofl:
Cheers Ian

1 Like

Last night having a blast with a music friend, the below ones have been the albums we scanned through…we started on the heavier side

5 Likes

We continued a bit heavy…

9 Likes

….we then continued with this…

8 Likes

This was the next session

9 Likes

We ended with Liz Wright, a more rocky listening session as normal, normally we are focused more on also good sounding stuff….

6 Likes

A little light music! Joined this combo for a three night German tour! Downloads via Core…

10 Likes

Peak jazz.

20 Likes

Nubya Garcia Odyssey. Second run through. I’d been really looking forward to this and expected to buy the vinyl but find, whilst I appreciated the artistry, I didn’t really enjoy it. In fact the only track I actually liked was Triumphance which is back to her dubby ways. Too much of a Conservatoire piece? No doubt I will try again.

Nubya-Garcia-Odyssey

Better for me is Cassie Kinoshi’s Seed Gratitude which, whilst still orchestral in part, is well … Jazzier.

4 Likes

Jamie XX deluxe edition of In Waves, 3 vinyl version with one black, one white and then the additional tracks on this beauty.

Cracking production.

6 Likes

Dexter Gordon - GO - 1962

Some fine pre-lunch jazz on the go.

20 Likes

Some of their best songs on that album imo, stunner!

2 Likes

Why? Way back machine in operation. I got onto the band after watching them in the Woodstock film. ( First time around.)

steve

18 Likes

Katie Melua_Piece by Piece, on CD, from c.2005

Charity shop purchase for £1. Her second album after the highly successful ‘Call off the search’. Lots of muzak to my ears. To me, it’s a case of once I’d heard COTS, much which follows sounds the same (sadly).

7 Likes

‘avin it this afternoon. Hump day ‘n all that :sunglasses:

2 Likes

2 x LP - Atlantic 2014 remaster : )

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

<<>>

Robert Plant – lead vocals
Jimmy Page – guitars, production
John Paul Jones – bass guitar, piano, electric piano, Mellotron, organ, synthesizer, synthesized bass, backing vocals on “The Ocean”
John Bonham – drums, backing vocals on “The Ocean”

Recordings from December 1971 to August 1972 London UK
Album Released 28th March 1973

< < > >

John Bonham died on this day in 1980

John Henry Bonham (31 May 1948 – 25 September 1980)

29 Likes

I’m guessing they all have Stargazer in the setlist? I never saw these (CDs I guess) here in Canada so the best I got was the vinyl of Munich 1977 but sadly Stargazer was missing from that set. Which one the three is the most enjoyable?

1 Like

On Vinyl:
61EGvESuMJL.AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65
Christine McVie - Songbird

14 Likes

Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band ‘Historically Speaking’ (Emanon, 2CD). CD1.

4 Likes