What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Marianne Faithfull. - 1981 - Dangerous Acquaintances - Label - Island - OG Vinyl.

This is the eighth studio album from Marianne and the follow up to Broken English. It has a very different feel to the majestic Broken English more mainstream and less angry than the new wave/ punk sense ability’s of BE.

It has a rather beautiful cover photo by Clive Arrowsmith.

13 Likes

Yes, all have Stargazer. The Köln concert is superb and was available on iTunes a while back. This is this one I’ve listened to mostly. Only just sourced the full set online and still going through them. Discogs have some for sale but the prices are steep!

Alison Goldfrapp, the love reinvention. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air - 1969

Must have been a labour of love, creating all these looped effects in the 60’s!

13 Likes

Dave Guy - Ruby. Liking this a lot. Could be the soundtrack to a noir TV detective show; no bad thing imo.

5 Likes

Free. 1970. 35mins of magic, imho.

20 Likes

Thanks Ian, Well thank goodness thats over and done with.

Gary

1 Like

The Stranglers

Greatest Hits 1977 - 1990

Edward

15 Likes

Mary Hopkin - Postcard - CD (1969)

56 years ago,Welsh singer Mary Hopkin was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘Those Were The Days’. Hopkins had signed to The Beatles Apple label after appearing on UK TV talent show Opportunity Knocks.

12 Likes

8 Likes

15 Likes

And live to boot…
Witness Poppy Nogood on the Nite Flite CD.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hi BertBird, I sometimes wonder if we are living in the same world, I see the most weird and wonderful album covers and artists that mean absolutely nothing to me. Probably what one would call an eclectic taste :blush:.
Weird and wonderful covers it for me ha ha.

3 Likes

Softs funboy Elton Dean and his Ninesense on 1977s Happy Daze + Oh! For the Edge. Fine line-up and glorious often ferocious ensemble playing. Ogun CD

5 Likes

Yes I feel the same. Work went smoothly at the hospital but 5 mile bike ride home in heavy rain. So nice dry clothes and coffee and some of this .
Wishing you a good evening
Ian

2 Likes

Loving on CD especially the title track
The Whitestripes - Icky Thump

13 Likes

Peter Green | The Anthology Disc 3 | 2008
Playing 3 of 4 from this fine anthology of his music with Fleetwood Mac.

15 Likes

Massive Attack - Mezzanine (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)

14 Likes