What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Amazing album given its date.
Oh, the Syd landed earlier so giving it a spin :+1:

9 Likes

Enjoy your evening Ian, its been overcast up to the last hour, when its belted it down… :cloud_with_rain:

Gary

Beth Nielsen Chapman - eponymous album, on CD from c.1990.

Singer/songwriter BNC doing her stuff, filled with emotion, clear diction and some very good tunes IMHO. Some may interpret BNC as softer muzak, but her writing is so good, as are the arrangements.

If female vocal is your thing, she’s well worth checking out, especially ‘Sand & Water’.

7 Likes

Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension - CD (2020)

7 Likes

Infected Mushroom - Return of the Sauce

5 Likes

Joe Walsh - But Seriously, Folks…, on (supposedly) limited edition Audio Fidelity 24 KT gold CD, originally released c.1978 (this CD issued c.2012).

Very much an Eagles vibe going on here, but with more power and slam. Great stuff…and ‘Life’s Been Good’ is the last track.

16 Likes

Still a bit of a special combination organ, guitar and drums….

3 Likes

My tastes go very wide indeed, that’s why have such a large collection - over 29.000 albums…., but of course I have also a core of albums which I listen to quite often…

4 Likes

Led Zeppelin Houses Of The Holy / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11615

22 Likes

Sounding fantastic on CD
Talking Heads - The Best Of - Once In A Lifetime

21 Likes

Who’s Next - De Luxe Edition, on CD

Needless to say a classic album, this extended with New York Record Plant Session and The Young Vic-Live. Stupendous stuff, especially the NY recordings. Demands to be played loud, but I fear the 'speakers if I do this, as the sheer power is amazing. A desert island disc.

No wonder people walked away from their concerts with hearing issues, mainly TSH.

16 Likes

CD - China Records Ltd. 1996 : )

Morcheeba - Who Can You Trust?

Debut studio album by English electronic music group Morcheeba, released in 1996.

12 Likes

Nothing says taken in his prime like Ladyland. A magnificent album. Uniti Core.

17 Likes

Finally had chance to sit down and listen to this UHQR recording, I have to say that it is impressive.

16 Likes

I haven’t had a chance yet to play the LAW UHQR. Hopeful that tomorrow will be the day!

2 Likes

Another Peter.
Quite clever lyrics. Even if you don’t get the german language bit, then it is still an attractive upbeat package (imho, i have been wrong before☺️).

2 Likes

Marc Bolan / T.Rex - The Slider - CD (1972)

18 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Memphis.

12 Likes

4 Likes

I F**k*d up. Deleted Peter Case entry by accident, just as I was making his case (no pun intended).

Should be known and respected more widely. Was introduced to this one in late 80s, still very attractive.
Sincere apologies to those that liked this post before (well not quite this one but you know what i mean)

6 Likes