What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2X CD. Good stuff, imho.

14 Likes

One of my favourite bands of all time. I always felt they went a bit safe with the sound on most of the studio albums. Monster was one that bucked that trend and the sound was very much like REM live. ( A privilege I had three times.)
By coincidence I was playing Monster earlier albeit in the car. Great album .

4 Likes

Getting the evening going with a beer and the Kings of Leon, ‘Aha Shake Heartbreak’. Their second album and a peach.

11 Likes

Friday night and the weekend so some chilled Reggae

Prince Lincoln And The Rasses - Unite The World

7 Likes

Hello - Touch

11 Likes

R.E.M. New Adventures In Hi - Fi - CD (1996)

Continuing the R.E.M session, this is one of fav’s

18 Likes

Totally agree, great band, thats spooky about playing monster earlier in the car, was doing the car while travelling home, well stuck in traffic on the M62.

Love how the west was won and where it got us.

2 Likes

Airbag | All Rights Removed | 2011
Some more Norwegian progressive rock, contemporaray stuff labelled as neo-prog. They are another good consistent band I haven’t played for a little while.

9 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer / 2011 Sony / Germany CD / 88697830072

17 Likes

The album that got me started !
I went to Hamish Robertson’s house (designer of LP12) and heard this LP on (I think) Thorens TD125 - SME 3009 - Sugden amps & B&W PH2G loudspeakers ( might have been DM70s?) around 1970 ?
The earth moved!
It was just amazing ! - still enjoy it !

4 Likes

I have been giving the new Jamie xx, In Waves a go this evening. Too much throwback House for me, but some great ideas in the darker dance tunes.

3 Likes

Loving on CD
The Dandy Warhols - Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia

8 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Calling Card, one of my favourites from this much missed artist.

21 Likes

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration - 1986

Still cooking in the kitchen so stream not vinyl sadly. One of my DM favourites.

5 Likes

New Van release, same great voice……same story, nothing to dislike if you liked him.

5 Likes

Queen, ‘A day at the races’. Classic on CD.

14 Likes

Great tracks :+1:

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief - CD (2003)

19 Likes

41pbk3QyLKL.AC
Doyle Bramhall II & Smokestack - Welcome, blues rock with some decent guitar work.

10 Likes