What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life - CD (1976)

Joining in with a play of Stevie, released on this day 28/09/76

22 Likes

Great album. There are a lot of LP12 out there as I look through these posts!

1 Like

LP12 was a no-brainer of the ones I heard back in the 80’s. Guess that’s the same as a fair number of members.

Sounds right, looks right (to me).

3 Likes

9 Likes

First run, so far so good

4 Likes

I agree about WICF. Snobbery never entered my mind about ISL, I just can’t be doing with ‘twee’ sentimentality. There was worse, much worse, to come when he joined McCartney on Ebony & Ivory. As I said I realise I’m in a tiny minority on SITKOL. When there’s (for me) a shocker on an album I struggle with the whole album. An example would be Next by Alex Harvey. An otherwise wonderful album ruined by Gang Bang. Never made my shelf as a result.

Wonder is terrific. Not sure he’s under rated. Always thought him universally acclaimed. If not, he should be.

1 Like

Agreed. That’s the beauty of CD and streaming, of course. Easy as pie to skip the stinkers. I’ve never heard Gang Bang, and don’t plan to.

Stevie Wonder is an absolute giant of an artist, yet I don’t feel he gets the acclaim of, say, Lennon & McCartney, of whom he is an equal (and there’s only one of him!).

1 Like

My next purchase I think. I have a Rega p6 but the LP12 Majik blew me away when I was demoing speakers recently.

1 Like

Great self titled first album from Nathaniel and the band

IMG_0844

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats

3 Likes

Thread diversion but try Avid and Vertere as well.

1 Like

A week in and the NPX300 is settling in nicely. Much broadened and deepened soundstage. The bass is much more controlled and tuneful too.

I’m really enjoying the way it can both make all the elements of a piece legible, and retain great coherence of the whole.

G

19 Likes

BBC Radio London 94.4 FM. West Ham down a goal after 40 seconds! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This…

Before this later in Sheffield…

Directed by David Litchfield, this film captured a moment when Paul McCartney and Wings had found and defined their signature sound. Filmed over four days at Abbey Road Studios in August 1974, the film provides an insight into the inner workings of the band as they work and play together in the studio.

Including performances of tracks from Wings masterpiece Band on the Run (released in 1973), intimate footage of the band hanging out in the studio, combined with audio interview snippets, the film also includes previously unreleased full footage of a solo acoustic performance by Paul called The Backyard Sessions.

In addition to the film, this screening event includes an introduction by Paul McCartney recorded exclusively for movie theatre audiences as well as unseen Polaroids of the band.

8 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Speaking Of Now / 2002 Warner / Japan CD No OBI / WPCR11203

4 Likes

A mashup of Stravinsky and Mahavishnu Orchestra to kick this off…

Don Sebesky
Giant Box
CTI 1973

Heck of a lineup.

5 Likes

Inspired to play this after seeing today’s w/e Grauniad magazine.

Stunning.

G

13 Likes

This one depicts Bad Co at the peak of the powers, a live set that was part of Mick Ralph’s personal collection which he mixed himself and had released but the Bad Co management intervened and had it withdrawn not long after, even though Paul and Simon were happy.

9 Likes

Now available for download and streaming Mr Sniff n the tears himself, Paul Roberts solo album(s)

3 Likes

JLP - Enigmatic Ocean - 1977

Lost my original vinyl years ago, bought mainly as it features Allan Holdsworth, but picked up another one this year and glad I did.

3 Likes

This landed with me earlier this week. The UFO greatest hits album that you wish they’d done in their heyday. Michael Schenker with assorted guest musicians such as Axel Rose, Joey Tempest, and Slash rework the classic UFO lineups best songs. Personally I love it. It really echoes the atmosphere of the classic “Strangers in the Night” live album.

Michael Schenker: My years with UFO

4 Likes