What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Blondie - Eat To The Beat - CD (1979)

14 Likes

Miles Davis. 1959. CD.

I bought this about 10 years ago to see what the fuss was about. Quite enjoy it now and again.

23 Likes

Stevie Wonder Songs in The Key of Life / 2000 Motown / EU CD x 2 / 1573572

19 Likes

The Beautiful South - Choke - 1990

Not my usual cuppa tea really, but quite enjoying this. I do like Paul Heaton’s voice for sure, good on the lad.

11 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Hawkwind - The Best Of

12 Likes

Should play this more, Damien Dempsey, Shots.

Cracking album, full of energy.

2 Likes

I loved the original but have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this Schenker album. Some of the vocals don’t suit the songs but I thought Axl did a great job.

I also liked the fact that Schenker left enough space for the other musicians and that he played different solos in most places. A really refreshing revisit to an old classic.

Flanagan- Ingham Quartet. CD 1995.

“First convening at the long-lost Blue Note Jazz Restaurant in Bury St Edmunds in 1991, the FIQ purveyed their unique and winning blend of bebop and song at clubs and festivals throughout the UK during the 1990s and released two critically acclaimed albums, Zanzibar (Gray Brothers 1995) and Textile Lunch (33 Jazz 1999), both produced by Portishead’s Adrian Utley.” Ingham Website.

1 Like

Dug it out after the Japanese vinyl thread.
Agree, Kev - not canon perhaps, but still bloody good, imho. I think Jim would’ve liked most of it…with a couple of edits perhaps (Death Of My… for one :woozy_face:)

Jim Morrison (Music by The Doors)
An American Prayer
Japan Warner Pioneer

9 Likes

Had a bit of an Ezra Collective afternoon but now it’s back to the blues with Clapton and BB King. All on Qobuz.

10 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La - CD (2004)

Released 20 years ago today 28/09/04

13 Likes

On an old and rather sratchy Philips vinyl LP from 1984:

11 Likes

The violin on that one is probably among the batch currently being auctioned, if you were interested !

1 Like

Prompted by @Quad33 's post re Marianne Faithfull, Dangerous Aquaintances, this is now spinning (CD – a black one – first of these I’ve seen). Rather good IMHO, based on 3 tracks in, and welcomingly different from BE.

This will be followed by MF, Live In Hollywood, on CD (comes with DVD also).

10 Likes

ZZ Top | Tejas | 1976
Needed something from that ‘little old band from Texas’.

12 Likes

Interesting article

JLP turns 82 tomorrow.

4 Likes

Love his earlier jazz stuff (Pammukale & Canteloupe Island :ok_hand:t3:) and up to King Kong, but the Fusion…not for me.

But Happy Birthday Jean Luc!

2 Likes

Eagles. 1973. CD.

Not very successful on release, but one of their best imho.

21 Likes

John Williams

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back - Deluxe Edition

IMG_0253

Saw the movie at the Cinema last night and couldn’t get the music out of my head so had to play the album when I got home today.

I have the 2018 remaster on hires but decided to play the 2004 remaster edition CD, more tracks.

For me the best soundtrack of all the Star Wars movies.

Edward

9 Likes

From the Mosaic Jazztet Argo/Mercury CD box.

5 Likes