What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Almost anything HiRes on Tidal now that I’ve updated my Atom HE to the latest software version, just fantastic

ATB, J

3 Likes

That title track is one of my all time favourites live. Fantastic :grinning:

1 Like

Hey thanks just done the same on my HE.

7 Likes

I don’t often find myself in the mood for what is termed here the British Blues Boom but today CD3 of this Cherry Red compilation is hitting the mark.

.sjb

3 Likes

The YouTube ‘similar music’ algorithm turned up Edenbridge the other night, thought they’d be English but seems they’re Austrian.

Definitely one to explore the back catalogue, initial listening seems to suggest a softer symphonic metal style, almost folk like in places.

3 Likes

I have their album The Great Momentum which is also very good. It was a decent price on vinyl (and came with a free CD for ripping purposes).

1 Like

Thanks will check it out, literally trying one of their albums for the first time after a video on YouTube the other night, and this one has some great tracks so hopefully the older albums will be similar.

William Shatner - The Transformed Man - CD (1968)

7 Likes

On Vinyl:
71NthSs0XnL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Eric Clapton - Unplugged

12 Likes

Sweet - Full Circle
Risking a listen to this, not convinced about new material from a band whose prime was 50 years ago.

1 Like

Quick blast of Madge in the cabin before the next match.

4 Likes

OK I am impressed, 6 tracks in and it is a pretty good rock album. Just read some reviews online and most seem pretty positive. Didn’t expect this at all.

Original BN Liberty stereo LP - Elvin’s drums captured very nicely with lots of punch.

Great cover shot with wife Keiko.

2 Likes

Lovely spartan recording of the trio in fine form. Perfect for a Sunday drifting towards evening.

G

3 Likes

On Vinyl:
81exjIVKgLL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Rickie Lee Jones
Looking forward to playing this again next week when I get new cartridge fitted.

12 Likes

it seems i’m having a bit of a blues day today :grinning:

5 Likes

Peter Gabriel - Us - CD (1992)

4 Likes

A tip off from yesterday. 1994. CD. A great album. (although guitars appear to be plugged in.) Definitions: who needs them??

6 Likes

I’m sure everyone knows who this is Norah Jones, I bought this when I was living in France, believe it or not, the first time I’d heard of her, was probably around 2010.

6 Likes

Van Morrison, New Arrangements and Duets. Qobuz.

3 Likes