What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Having spent the afternoon listening to Miles Davis (Tribute to Jack Johnson, Tutu and Walkin) and then the Ezra Collectives latest (Dance, no-one’s watching), I have moved on to Sinatra, Songs for young lovers. 24/192 Qobuz stream. Lovely.

6 Likes

Deadmau5/TESTPILOT - Some EP

2 Likes

ebtg. Lovely songs and harmonies imho.

6 Likes

Post football and pub celebrations with some down and dirty Zappa - Sheikh Yerbouti. Not his finest hour but cracking accessible music and yes his usual lyric subject matter. CBS double vinyl.

7 Likes

NY label mono pressing. Also just out as a Tone Poet in stereo issue.

5 Likes

The new Lady Gaga album Harlequin (2024)
Some kind of soundtrack to the movie Joker: Folie à Deux. The music is “Vintage Pop” or big band jazz…

2 Likes

Shostakovich: Symphonies 4, 5 & 6 - Klaus Mäkelä, Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra

6 Likes

Elton John | The Beatles
A phone call out of the blue this afternoon informed me that my kid brother has died. Playing some music that I know Simon loved because it was often hammering on the wall next to my bedroom :heart:

11 Likes

LP - Geffen Records 1987 : )

Pat Metheny Group - Still Life (Talking)

<>

Pat Metheny – acoustic and electric guitars, guitar synthesizer
Lyle Mays – piano, keyboards
Steve Rodby – acoustic and electric bass
Paul Wertico – drums
Armando Marçal – percussion, backing vocals
Mark Ledford – vocals
David Blamires – vocals

Recorded at The Power Station, New York City 1987

<<>>

5 Likes

Miles Davis’s fabulous Tutu. I’ve not played it for years and had forgotten how good it is. A great cover too.

7 Likes

Groundbreaking stuff!

8 Likes

The Beatles 1967-1970

5 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl
Jethro Tull - Benefit

4 Likes

Faces - Ooh La La.

7 Likes

For me BBC R6M is a great place to pick up on new bands coming through. Here is the latest one for me.

Honeyglaze and their second album, Real Deal, released recently.

2 Likes

The programme just finishing based on A Tribe Called Quest has been absolutely top notch

Always liked this album and particularly this track.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this, please accept my sympathy, it doesn’t seem right to like the post under the circumstances, but I hope it shows, we are thinking about you :heart:

1 Like

So sorry to hear Steve.