What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Mrs Pete Beef Ragu on a very chilly night in Gloucester.

13 Likes

Friends over for dinner tonight:

BBQ scallops wrapped in Parma ham on a rosemary skewer

BBQ cutlets from 2 racks of lamb marinaded in olive oil, lemon, rosemary and garlic

Broad bean salad - broad beans from my lottie

Gooseberry fool

10 Likes

Last of the local lamb - rolled shoulder if you are asking, slow cooked (65 degree C) in a chicken brick for 8 hours with garlic and herbs. Served with cauliflower, broad beans and carrots. The cauliflower came from my garden - simply steamed.

Sadly, despite marrying into a farming family, this is the last of Steve’s lamb. He used to breed pigs but that was not viable, sadly nor were the sheep.

7 Likes

Seared tuna steaks, octopus skewers, new potatoes ( from my lottie) and a tomato, red onion and coriander salad

8 Likes

Too warm so resorted to a salad… duck breast, orange and toasted pine nuts.

7 Likes

Glut of gooseberries so have made some gooseberry curd

6 Likes

I recently got a pretty decent electric smoker, and smoked my first pork butt (i.e. Boston shoulder cut) the other day. Thanks to @Bart for his experienced advice. It is delicous.

8 Likes

With Mrs Pete away for few days time for a steak the way I like it, medium rare. Really enjoyed this cattlemens cutlet.

12 Likes

Is that HP Sauce with your steak?

No a BBQ sauce

1 Like

1 Like

Bangers and mash from locally sourced pork. Served with caramelised onions and Guiness onion gravy:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

15 Likes

Morning Tony, here you’re either a tomato or a BBQ sauce kind of guy. I’m lucky I don’t mind either it’s more about what it goes on. Bacon and eggs has to be BBQ but a meat pie definitely needs tomato. :grin:

3 Likes

What’s wrong with you people?:joy: Jokes apart I wish you well, Pete and hope all is back to normal soon.
All the best.

1 Like

Starting the beer can budgie with a whisky barrel smoke.

6 Likes

First artichoke from the garden … I could not wait for the vinaigrette.

8 Likes

Chicken fricasee, just like school dinners!

7 Likes

I can’t help but feel sorry for the chicken with a beer can shoved up it’s bottom

1 Like

From my experience >>>> i wish!

1 Like

Love the juxtaposition of the two posts above!

4 Likes