What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Easy, simple and delicious .Buon Appetito

wow does that look good!!!

1 Like

A simple dish of pasta with lardons, peas, creme fraiche, mint and Parmesan. But these are my first crop of peas from the allotment and so it tastes fab!

9 Likes

Homemade blackcurrant ice cream with allotment blackcurrants. My absolute favourite ice cream and don’t quite know why you don’t see it more often in commercially made ice creams

7 Likes

Ribena apparently buys most of UK blackcurrant production… There was something on tv “How do they make that?”

4 Likes

Rather hot again today. Fired up the Big Green Egg earlier…

Pork loin with cracking, cooking away at a low temperature for the last four hours. Nothing added but Maldon salt…

Yum!

12 Likes

How was it? Must admit, I’ve not tempted a loin on low for fear of it being to dry cos of no fat running through the middle.

1 Like

If you are barbecuing tuna steaks this is just a brilliant accompaniment. A salsa of prawns, avocado, mango, spring onion, coriander, red chilli and lime juice

Rick Stein recipe

8 Likes

This!

But without the lentils (I wish to avoid another “blues and twos” ride to QAH). :laughing:

Yes, always a risk, but I think I got away with it

11 Likes

Barbecued whole Cornish squid stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, shallot, parsley, oregano, breadcrumbs, lemon zest , lemon juice and and chopped, fried squid tentacles. Served with a raw fennel, orange and green olive salad. No carbs in this weather

4 Likes

Beer in the rear….

9 Likes

Delicious. Cooking one of those myself later.

Mustard lamb backsptraps with potatoes peas and rosemary.

14 Likes

Unable to source some rib-eyes so went with a couple of wing ribs…

With ancho chilli sauce…

10 Likes

On a gloriously sunny day in London…chicken wings and Thai style shish kebabs.

6 Likes

That looks top!

1 Like

Accompanied by a delicious, fresh and fragrant noodle salad that my missus made. Yum. Even the 9 year old tucked in.

1 Like

Like you I am doing kebabs tonight:

Home made lamb koftas with Greek salad, hummus and pitta (plus the obligatory pickled chillies). Lamb coming into contact with hot charcoal is part of the Creator’s master plan

4 Likes

Behind you on timing @crispyduck. Just my wife and I in tonight so the mini barbecue in action.

5 Likes