What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

With regards to locally sourced, I am referring to produce purchased from a nearby farm. For example, there is a pig farm a few miles from me and they have the reputation for rearing happy pigs and are perhaps considered the best in the county. We share a commonality with respect to knowing the provenance of the produce that we consume. I hope this explains my terminology. Wishing you a lovely evening :relaxed:

4 Likes

1,8 kg BBQ Iberico ribs made in the Monolith.

10 Likes

Nice feedback and good to hear, thanks.

1 Like

Seems a suitable thread to mourn the passing of the great Alastair Little. His book ‘Keep it Simple’ is one of my most frequently used cookbooks and is falling apart from use. RIP

2 Likes

This is locally sourced lamb with ginger and spring onions. The sauce is comprised of oyster and dark soy sauce with a hint of sesame oil. Ginger and a little garlic are gently fried to release their aromatics and spring onions are steamed (base followed by the tips until they are tender):

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

10 Likes

This is locally sourced dry aged beef with pointed red peppers. The sauce is made from tomato, onion, garlic, cooking wine, soy sauce, fish sauce and a unprocessed local honey:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

11 Likes

Pasta this evening - bucatini with tomato, onion, garlic, chilli, basil, smoked pancetta, rapeseed oil and Parmesan.

A glass of Californian Zinfindel to accompany, which was chilled in the fridge to combat the heat.

Rather simple and rather tasty :yum:

10 Likes

Food looks great, lovely Acers in the background……always struggled to get them to flourish.

1 Like

Sometimes a small, sheltered yard has its compensations :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

More pasta this evening - spaghetti with peas and fresh mint (also onion, garlic, red chilli, double cream, olive oil and parmesan).

And a glass of New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (2021 Saint Clair Family Estate)

6 Likes

That’s a bit of a winner all round.

1 Like

Thai red curry (for breakfast) with prawns, mussels, basil and unprocessed local honey using an equal ratio of spring and summer varieties:

Wishing everyone a lovely start to the week :relaxed:

7 Likes

And also to you, the photograph looks like a hand made rustic plate , brought on a Greek island

1 Like

The bowl is made in Japan and it’s adorned with these adorable kitties:

Wishing you a lovely evening :relaxed:

P.S. It’s been really nice of you checking up on Eoink :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’d get through the day :flushed:

1 Like

This is locally sourced pork tender loin (for lunch) with shitake mushroom, wood ear fungus, carrot, coriander, shiso and onion wrapped in rice paper. To the right is a Vietnamese style dipping sauce with carrot and bird’s eye chili:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

9 Likes

Heatwave over. Now looking a bit wintry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
So something with gravy is needed.

Big Bangers n cabbage n mash with onion gravy.

(M&S ultimate pork sausages - really the best out there at the present time)

11 Likes

Thank you, I’ve had the same surgery and have a good idea of how emotionally bruising that particular operation is.

It’s one think to ask after a leg operation, your heart, your hearing etc. Your bowels are not a subject for polite conversation

2 Likes

12 hour smoke on a set of beef ribs (Jacob’s ladder). Excited!!

7 Likes

:yum: