What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Always. My father called it tinned cream. British army lingo, I guess …

1 Like

Speaking of food/meat in general. We were having friends over for a backyard meat fondue, so I bought an entire beef tenderlion and butchered it myself. It’s so much cheaper to buy beef tenderlion this way, and the butcher will remove the silverskin for you if you ask.

You end up with 1 or 2 small roasts from the head portion; the tail bit can be cubed for fondue or stir fry, and the whole centered section can be cut for nice 2 inch thick filet mignon or leave a section of it whole for a Chateaubriand. It worked out to about $4 cad per serving, all in. Pretty cheap and not much work.

4 Likes

I’ve done that but first order of business with the tail end would be tartare. :wink:

Yes, right. I remember that being mentioned now when I was researching butchering it. I’ve only ever had tartar at a restaurant. Actually, I believe it was Carpaccio. And we needed cubes for the Fondue anyway. Took the rest of the cubes from just below the head section.

1 Like

Homemade ragu with parmesan:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

10 Likes

I baked a beautiful whole Cornish lemon sole for 2 on the bone then filleted it and served it with ratte potatoes, samphire and fennel gratin

9 Likes

Just pickled some jalapeño chillis from the allotment. These are so easy and better than anything you can buy from shops

6 Likes

Have you also pickled them whole. Kebab style ?
That has to be my favourite part of the salad condiments.

2 Likes

I have done that with those long thin milder chillis - like the ones you get on your kebab from the kebab shop! I really like making my own pizzas and these pickled jalapeños are just the business

3 Likes

Lentil Curry soup with yoghurt, nuts, coriander and Nan bread.

13 Likes

Simple soup

7 Likes

Is it with whole mushrooms or a type of meatball/dumpling?

1 Like

Sausage, Egg & Chips
Norfolk Sizzler Sausages from our local butcher.
Fresh Free Range Eggs (Fried of course)
Fat Crinkle Cut Chips
What’s not to like?:yum:
Sorry no pic, haven’t cooked it yet😁

7 Likes

Get’s my vote, Cordon Bleu is all very well, but sometimes … … …

2 Likes

Yes, meatballs indeed.

Its vegetable soup: leek, carrots, celery, parsley, pepper, salt, water, mince and beefbones for the bouillion.

I’ll try to avoid onions in vegetable soup.

1 Like

Celery, Saffron and White Bean Stew.

8 Likes

chicken curry with coconut milk,cashews served with basmati rice

recipe video The Chicken Curry I eat every week - YouTube

9 Likes

Goodness me …that looks so good

Thankyou, my first try of the recipe. Very tasty and easy so will be making it again.

I would ‘like’ it but celery is the work of the devil :smiling_imp:

2 Likes