What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Thanks, I know what’s on the menu one evening this week.

1 Like

post pics if you do it.just find these 2 recipes with chicken

2 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated

1 Like

A traditional chicken dinner with stuffing and veggies.

Something tasty and warming is required tonight.

The first and potentially the last runner beans from the garden too.

One pot Chicken Curry.
I would post a pick, but it’s all gone​:yum::yum:

1 Like

Lamb and chicken are better than pork, but they are more expensive in Greece…

Tonight, I’ll mainly be preparing a light but creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle concoction using my own accidental recipe and is a firm fave with me and Mrs.J. Nom!

1 Like

Dave. You’ve plated that up like a top notch celebrity chef.
It looks like you could charge a punter at least £25 instead of the usual pint and bangers for £10.

1 Like

Unless I’m much mistaken ( in which case ‘umble apologies), that looks like a stock photo

1 Like

Of course it’s a stock picture, pinched from t’interweb.

I’m not about to mess about taking daft photographs, when there’s a loovly dinner slowly going cold.

OR

The clue was in the “later on” reference. :man_shrugging:

Silly boys. :joy:

2 Likes

Swedish meatballs selfmade not from ikea.

8 Likes

Beef vindaloo, garden beans, and mushroom rice. I confess it’s not very spicey but the vinegar and garlic make up for the low number of chillis.

5 Likes

Lamb shank in red wine sauce. ( i blitzed the stock vegetables in the sauce to make it super thick )

Haven’t had this for ages.

7 Likes

Chicken rosemary and apricot tangerine with couscous.

7 Likes

chicken shawarma middle eastern recipe

8 Likes

Lamb shoulder cooking slowly - just the ticket on a miserable wet and windy evening.

Nearly done:

9 Likes

Lamb vindaloo with a scotch bonnet provided by a friend in the next valley. Tempered with curry leaves and a grating of jaggery with mushroom and parsley rice.

5 Likes

Hurt my back earlier in the week and still not 100% so a St Michael’s special

Venison casserole, colcannon and truffle butter beans. They used to sell a really nice game bird stew but it appears to have been dropped.

7 Likes

Venison with some Spätzle a german egg pasta very common for venison dishes.

7 Likes

Tonight, it’s Dave’s chicken egg-fried rice, and, as usual, I’ll have to prepare 2 or 3 times as much as I require for just little ol’ me, since there’s always requests for “takeaway” extras for family members.

I don’t mind at all, as there’s nothing to it and it’s so easy peasy.

My two top tips are :

Use Sesame oil for the frying, and don’t beat the eggs, but just crack them into the wok once the rice has been added, keeping everything moving. That way, the yolks will coat the rice and the whites go nicely stringy.

A blast of dark soy sauce to finish, and that’s that.

Tastes great! :yum: :yum:

Edit : Forgot to mention, last thing in is a healthy portion of petit pois … … … and, keep stirring!

3 Likes