What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Tonight, it’s my version of Kedgeree, with finest smoked haddock from Peterhead, via the local fishmonger, and the ingredient which lifts it above the ordinary? … … … duck eggs! :yum: :yum:

4 Likes

No better smoked haddock than from my home town, loon. Must try duck eggs in kedgeree, thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Joining the recent love in for chilli con carne. This is the brilliant recipe from Leon that uses chuck steak rather than mince. Has a shed load of garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, cinnamon and thyme. The heat comes from dried chilli flakes and hot red chillis. However, I also added this which is just a magic ingredient and highly recommended:

10 Likes

A lovely Moussaka with side salad ,washed down with a 2015 Rioja.
Very nice

3 Likes

The assistance of Aunt Bessie is gratefully acknowledged.

Even then I only managed half of it.

Bubble and squeak tomorrow I think.

8 Likes

Tonight, it’s one of the local butcher’s finest pork chops, and, of course I’ll be using @TOBYJUG’s top tip of using the toast rack in the oven. :+1: :yum: :yum:

3 Likes

Interesting recipe… mine is simpler… onions, cumin, marjoram, garlic, dried ancho chilli, dried chipotle chilli, fresh green chilli, dark muscovado sugar and fresh brewed coffee. Good to see no tomatoes near it though :+1:

2 Likes

Autumn - season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. And roasts!

Belly pork rubbed with salt and fennel seeds and then slow roasted for 6 hours. I sit the pork on halved onions which slowly caramelise and are just lovely

The finished product. I use a glug of Noilly Prat in the gravy

12 Likes

Yum

1 Like

Lasagne tonight - with a glass or two of a Californian pinot noir

9 Likes

I’ve never heard of it - is it pasta?

Yes but some would argue that
Comes complete with a agent orange pack of powder cheese …… boil water add the noodles once those are done add in the “ cheese powder “ a bit of butter and milk and stir ……

1 Like

The only way to finish off a roast is with a crumble. Apple and blackberry crumble

6 Likes

Not too shabby…

And it’s a TV dinner tonight - excellent documentary on the raising of the Mary Rose on C4. Blimey, 40 years ago!

6 Likes

Is that Brisket I see before me?

2 Likes

Yes. It is easy I can put in the oven and have a doze whilst it is cooking.

Bris the cat has never returned. Played again.

Been reading of your struggles in foreign parts. Hope you make it back this week.

1 Like

I have shared before on here my experiences making the best cheese on toast.

Although my tasty treat has gone up a whole another master level using…

Just the perfect right amount of whatever makes the perfect cheese on toast…
Not too young to go runny and not too mature to go dry and still having a satisfying cheese flavour.

I would love to share some pics. But, you know these things don’t hang around for long.

2 Likes

Cheese Omelette with a few ofMcCains triple fried chips. Fried in beef fat.
These are excellent. Perhaps best cold in a thickly buttered sandwich.
Condiments of your choice.

My mini version of Crispy’s crumble with caramelised banana yogurt.

3 Likes

Squash from my allotment roasted with sage and garlic. Then used to make a squash risotto:

7 Likes

Cooked at a friends tonight.

Started off with asparagus and mozzarella

Maim was duck and crispy potatoes

Finished off with a apple tartan (homemade)

10 Likes