What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Home made quesadillas with a sweet/spicy sauce and cold beer on a very hot late summer evening.

10 Likes

Variations of fish: salmon on cauliflower , cod on brokkoli. Came with a nice Italian white.

7 Likes

Followed by chicken breast in curry creme with baby potatoes. Switched to a rich French red for that.

5 Likes

Something about Roast beef on a Sunday

Roast carrot peas watercress sauté potatoes

14 Likes

Pizza with the new Pizza oven

12 Likes

Pork and ginger, marinated in Sherry and soy sauce, stir fried with mushrooms. A rogue carrot added a bit of colour.

7 Likes

We use white wine. Have you tried white wine/sake or do you prefer sherry. Sounds a bit rich/sweet for pork & ginger?

1 Like

I think we might be having grilled tomatoes on toast .
No shortages here in the Vaucluse !

6 Likes

Good recommendation. The Sherry in this case was one of those Harvey blends, left over from Christmas last year, spiced up with a couple of chillis. Normally it’s my add in for a Bloody Mary.

1 Like

Celeriac and chestnut risotto according to the recipe… enjoyed it but not like any risotto i’ve had before as the wild and brown rice is used for texture more than anything else,

4 Likes

No idea what this is, I threw in what ingredients I had to hand this evening - but very delicious.

Spaghetti with peas, onion, garlic, double cream, parmesan, fresh thyme and chipotle chilli flakes. And sourdough.

6 Likes

Boeuf de bourguignon

4 Likes

Making these at the moment. 24 hours fermentation. (I left the dough outside last night and it was below zero degrees. ) but looks nice now. And taste is excellent.

7 Likes

Leek, Goat’s Cheese and Potato pie… the Spelt flour pastry was a disaster but the filling tasty enough.

4 Likes

Pastry can be so deflating. I love cooking but scared stiff of making pastry. Good thing is at least there’s no MasterChef judges at home. :grin:

2 Likes

Have just been to market and bought some of the first of this year’s local strawberries .
Unfortunately no Ch.d’Yquem to go with them .

3 Likes

Tonight, Chez Dave, something so very easy peasy, but very very tasty.

Pollack fillets, brushed with melted butter containing paprika and chopped dried chillies.

Placed in an ovenproof dish and topped with Panko breadcrumbs, mixed with melted butter to help them keep their shape.

Alongside that, another dish with cauliflower florets brushed with truffle oil.

30 mins. at 200C, and … … … Yum. :yum: :yum:

4 Likes

i tryed to make a similar burger to a us burger franchise called carl jr they have a burger with bbq sause,bacon,onion rings,chesse

8 Likes

Another Nigel Slater dish… butter beans, miso and tomatoes. Hard to distribute the sesame seeds once you add the oil so excuse the clumps :wink:

4 Likes

Spicy buffalo wings, coleslaw, pepperoni crisps and cheddar cheese. All washed down with some cold beers

Atb
Kk

5 Likes