What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

It’s another curry today

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Nice and simple this evening… soft boiled eggs with pancetta wrapped asparagus soldiers.

5 Likes

Asparagus risotto with sparrowgrass from my allotment. This is the version from the late, great Alastair Little and is easily my favourite version

8 Likes

A bit big for two in all honesty.

6 Likes

Fennel Risotto with crispy skinned Cod loin.

7 Likes

Original Eifel lamb braised for 24 hours at a low temperature. Served with beans sautéed in butter.

9 Likes

Oh that looks so good!

1 Like

A little rare for my taste

It was improved by charring the outside on the barbeque but I didn’t take a picture of that as I was more interested in eating it.
We got three days out of it in the end.

1 Like

Hot Smoked Salmon Toasts with Pear and Pickles.

7 Likes

I suspect that I have posted this in previous years but this is probably my favourite way of eating my allotment asparagus. A warm salad of asparagus roasted with olive oil and salt, steamed Jersey Royals, soft boiled egg and Parma ham crisped up in the oven. The dressing (for 2) is 2 tablespoons garlic mayo, 1 tablespoon yoghurt, a good squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper and chopped dill and chives. The secret ingredient if you can get it is this brilliant alioli made with smoked garlic - incredible stuff

10 Likes

Meatballs tonight. Very nice

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Tonight, it’s Dave’s world famous chicken egg fried rice, which doesn’t originate from any recipe book, but was conjured up / thrown together by myself.

Well, maybe not quite world famous perhaps, but the grandkids reckon it tastes better than any takeaway, and that’s quite enough praise for me to bask in, so there. :yum:

3 Likes

Well another person knows……just a few billion to go…

2 Likes

7 Likes

Is that ‘Lady Gaga’ Barbie🤣

Or BBQ Barbie

1 Like

I had to look that up. I didn’t know a cod fish had such things😂
Nice idea for risotto though, will try that out

1 Like

Bit late with this as it was Thursday night dinner.

Fish pie with salmon, smoked haddock and cod pieces. That went down very well.

None of this made by me but I did build it. Regrettably it’s all Cornish so as a Janner I built it the proper way. Proper job.

3 Likes

Why is the jam on top of the cream.:grin: