What are you using to drive your headphones?

Naim DAC-V1 but very rarely. I prefer speakers.

1 Like

I used a Graham Slee Solo Diamond and found it generally pretty good. Tried a Headline, very similar overall. I since moved to a Luxman, which is massively better and can drive pretty much any phones, comes at a cost though. Phil

Daniel, did you move up the Grado line from the SR325e to the GS1000e, GS2000e or GS3000e headphones?

If so are you using with the SN2 or Headphone AMP?

Thanks…

Just in case of any interest I have Grado GS3000e driven by Trilogy 933 from my NDS/252. I have tried them from my office system Qute and they were really rather dull. Plugged into my A+K Kann they sound much closer to the Trilogy etc than they do driven from the Qute. The source files are the same.

With the full system the Grado are quite magical and one of the best things I have bought for many years.

Bruce

3 Likes

I finally bought the Focal Clear headphones. They seemed a better value than the Grados (better built as well). I am driving them with the headphone jack on my SN2.
They sound great! Detailed and very nuanced, without ever being harsh.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Just thought I would mention an anecdote about a friend who is not a forum member. He listens to Focal Utopia headphones with the headphone output on the SN2. He auditioned the headphone out on the Focal Arche and the Chord Hugo TT with his Utopias. His opinion is that neither betters the headphone out on the SN2. Hmm… Maybe I’ll save some money!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.