What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

I drink a lot of Shipyard now that its getting more common in pubs on draft. Wonderful beer.

Filling a flagon with a craft beer is a thing at the local wholesalers here.

This is a Lakeland Brewery, Hairy Hop IPA. Living up to its name, with a big fresh flavour and citrus follow through. Just right at 6.3% to smooth the edges off a busy day of construction sites and planning meetings for a cycleway and cycle trail.

This is a really nice beer that is becoming more popular and more readily available all the time. Brewed in Camden Town which for those that don’t know is an area in North Central London .

2 Likes

Camden Hells is indeed a fine beer - quite moreish in fact.

A standard go-to beer, widely available and another of my favourites…

3 Likes

Nethergate Six Nations Glory on cask at the Mermaid

A nice brew indeed … the Sierra Nevada folks opened a brewery in Asheville, NC a few years ago … I think that makes around 30+ breweries in that small city … as they say though, you can’t have too many breweries …

1 Like

Another favourite:+1: Their Torpedo IPA is also lovely!

Wrong glass and a bad pour and even worse than that not quite cold enough! Still tasted good and it lasted only a few minutes anyway!

1 Like

A proper old ale tonight from Harvey’s in Lewes West Sussex

2 Likes

Apologies to Harvey’s - East Sussex!!

Just the job on a cold winter’s evening.

Bristol Beer Factory : Low Rider

Horse and Jockey, Lichfield.

1 Like

Yes it’s only a Corona but sometimes it’s where and who you’re having a beer with. My favourite way to end the week, a cold beer at our local surf club

4 Likes

A bottle of my own Trippel IPA

I normally brew for flavour but, as an experiment, made this this back in the summer. Bottled in August it comes in at around 13% abv and was a little sweet at the first few trial bottles.

a few months in it is maturing nicely

and i have high hopes for Christmas 2019…

3 Likes

A very good Japanese brewery.

1 Like

St Austell Proper Job in the White Lion, Hampden in Arden.

6 Likes

Also in my drinks cabinet at home, excellent refreshing with hints of a taste of summer.

1 Like

Sad that St Austell chose to reduce Proper Job’s ABV to 4.5% for the cask version, to “accommodate the requirements of session drinking” (I.e. increased sales and less duty). The bottled variety, at the original 5.5% ABV, has distinctly more ‘oomph’!

1 Like