What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Not a fan of cans but sometimes you just have to cope.

10 Likes

Yup :yum:

13 Likes

La Ciney Blanche pression well deserved after 27.5K of glorious up and down walking in the heat damned heat. Scrummy

10 Likes

Enjoying some time with family over here in the north west.
Local breweries everywhere. They prefer to produce strong IPA styles. Which is fine by me.

13 Likes

Delirium Nocturnum dark strong Belgian beer. Bottled 8.5 % balanced between bitter and sweetness. Very frothy when poured , but the head soon collapsed. Belgian beer has something special, even from the bottle. Bought from local garden centre which sells different beers.

13 Likes

Pubs are disappearing including The Woodman Birmingham, my local from work which was close to the Curzon Street station scheduled for HS2 development. They served Castle Rock plus three guest beers. I was an irregular visitor since retirement but sad to see this restored Victorian pub go. We will see if the freeholder will bring it back. Students, lecturers and locals mingled in a convivial atmosphere.

4 Likes

Watching the football and enjoying Brewgooder and Mad Dog Zeus Juice IPA.

2 Likes

Poetry reading in a Marston’s pub in Droitwich last night. Brakspear’s Oxford Gold on the pump to lubricate the voice. Banks beers too as usual in this area. Brakspear’s on draft was pleasant, but I’m not sure it was the same yeasts and taste as in the 80s and looking at the website it seems to come from a different brewery. I suspect that local brand identity is managed by conglomerate breweries like Carlsberg Marston’s

Also tried a half of Marston’s 61 Deep Pale Ale which was strongly hopped in the American Craft style. Not to my taste to drink on its own.

3 Likes

Tonight’s joyous selection in The Bandstand, Nairn.

I had a pint of Opus, followed by a Vital Spark; a light, followed by a dark. Kind of sums up the week!

Cheers,

Ian

8 Likes

After a bracing walk along the beach with Eddie, what better than a pint of Black Isle Porter in front of a warming fire?

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

A fire, it doesn’t seem that long ago you guys were melting under summers day of 38+.

2 Likes

Lovely photos - something about the onset of autumn that is just wonderful.

1 Like

Here in northern Scotland, we didn’t get to those dizzy temperatures Pete! I think there was a period where we reached the high 20’s but I was on holiday in France (where it was above 40C for some of the time) and by the time we got home, normal summer service had been resumed (read, high teens at best)!

The last two days have seen temperatures in single figures, with a brisk northerly blowing, though today has been 13C.

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

The South of France is a wonderful place to spend a summer and a cold beer is definitely required and a plus (not to mention the wine or the food or scenery or the people etc etc). :grin:

1 Like

In La Gomera for a fortnight. Bought a Litre of the Spanish San Miguel for 1.45 Euro from the local Supermercado. 5.4% and I think a little dryer than the UK stuff at 5%. Very nice cold.

A favourite quiz question is what country did San Miguel originate from. Most people get it wrong, as I did.

33435-0w470h470_San_Miguel_Especial_Spanish_Beer

1 Like

Philippines obviously. It was part of Spain at the time.

In Manosque, France.

15 Likes

Yep, not sure how it is obvious though.?

Thinking about it again, it’s not obvious at all.

Fortunately I live in Surrey, midway between the Hogsback brewery and Ascot Ales brewery. Never had a bad beer from either and recommend them.
Particular favourite is Anastasia by Ascot Ales which is a malty stout.
They even deliver so I’m a happy bunny😀

2 Likes