What do Naim do best?

Create a feeling of inadequacy and hence craving for constant upgrades, leading to a healthy market for purveyors of expensive cables, switches, plugs, feet and snake oil…

(Though maybe that is the forum not Naim!)

1 Like

Avoiding mix and match systems. The use of non-standard connecting cables has put me off dipping my toe in to the Naim world.

Umm…that may be true but I don’t believe the Naim equipment hierarchy was created as a cynical ploy by Naim to allow their dealers to up-sell. I believe it is a result of Naim continuously striving for the best sound possible at a range of price points.

No one has to climb the equipment ladder. In fact you could equally see this as Naim providing a range of kit at a range of price-points that allows those with less deep pockets to enjoy the Naim sound experience. Additionally no one has to delve into the murky world posh cables and snake oil. Can’t blame Naim for that!

I go back also to my earlier post, and most of us will not recognise, or be conscious of, the effect a Brand has on our buying consideration and intention. To varying degrees we are all subject to the powerful brand Naim now enjoy, albeit in a rather niche market, which has now been expanded with the introduction of MuSo and Qb and to some extent with the ‘relaunch’ of the Uniti range - Atom, Star and Nova. Again I would suggest that historically the development of the Naim brand has not been an intentional ploy by Naim, unlike the well-known brands we surround ourselves with where the manufacturers have spent millions (and in some cases billions) on creating powerful brands. I would accept however that the marketing of MuSo/Qb and the new Uniti range, both targeted at a more ‘mainstream’ audience has, and must, involve a degree of brand development, Naim being a fairly unknown brand in the wider audio electronics market.

1 Like

Creating non-compromised (performance first) World Class Music Systems for everyones pocket.

1 Like

At box mania, convincing us that the more boxes the sound goes through the better it gets.

1 Like

Design.

Whatever Naim devices that you use, from CB to Olive to Black, the Naim look & feel is always timeless.

My tongue was firmly in cheek when I wrote that - and my observation in parentheses is probably closer to the mark!

1 Like

Give me years of pleasure more than most women I have known

3 Likes

How many black boxes have you taken on a date?

1 Like

Tonearms.

Oh, wait.

2 Likes

Still pre amps lead the way then. What is the opinion of the current range of pre amps, are they next inline for an update do we think? Am I right in thinking they haven’t changed much for a number of years?

personally I think the true answer to the question is MUSIC

NAIM Classic is not cheap, but we know that what is does offer from source, Pre to AMP is the oppourtunity to upgrade what you can budget for,

and it still works with CB, Olive, Classic - you get into a car that’s 5 years old the tech is old and been replaced or upgraded - muscial delivery (if been well looked after) is still there

I have heard a lot of systems over my ownership and some were very very good - but I love what NAIM offers -

3 Likes

get you to spend far more money on equipment than you ever intended (?) Still a far better use than taxes - and i definitely get enough (too much) food. Might as well buy more upgrades and equipment and enjoy. (As i wait for a new ndx2 to show up in the next couple of weeks).

One of the choices should have been PSUs.

According to The Absolute Sound and Stereophile magazines (the two largest Hi Fi publications in the US) entry level integrated amps and CD players. The only 500 component which made their recommended A gear list was the 555 CD player.

Pace, rhythm and timing. That makes Naim the only brand that gets me involved like live music does

1 Like

Make exceeding good naits

2 Likes

I guess everything is relative…

CD players.

Alternatively, ND players.

Chag -

Keeping the old equipment going. I wonder how many other brands still have a large pool of 20+ year old equipment in regular use, having been refreshed by the manufacturer?

2 Likes