What do you look for in a vinyl record purchase?

I’ve also heard very good things about Ripcaster from a friend who recently had his LP12 updated by them with new bearing and service.

2 Likes

Thanks and thanks also to @anon70766008 for the reply. I believe Ripcaster is also a builder of LP12s to personal spec, similar to Cymbiosis based on what others have said about them so I will take a look.

I’m also not averse to a trip over to Leicestershire.

1 Like

If the right record comes out and is mastered and pressed by a company I know well then I’m prepared to pay for that.

I’ve found I spend less and less on Hifi which means I have more to spend on records and when a night out with my other half or even a couple of pints costs as much as it does spending £30-40 on the right record that will give me extended pleasure over years doesn’t feel extortionate

2 Likes

I only buy used LPs in-person, so I can inspect the condition of the record. I live close to a large city so there are dozens of used record store near me. Prices for jazz and rock/blues/pop are very high now. Used classical prices are low by comparison. I’m located in the eastern U.S.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.