What do you plug into your BMW's USB to provide tunes?

I have a SanDisk UltraFit flash drive in my 2020 330i. Physically small, but reliable and no formatting issues at all. I simply copied the flac files from my Melco.

2 Likes

I don’t plug anything into my 330i, preferring to use CarPlay/iPhone. Works a treat – apart from when it doesn’t!

1 Like

I use western digital passport drives and copy flac files from Melco

1 Like

The Toshiba drive (formatted as NTFS) is recognised and allows me to play random tunes. I’ll leave it in for a few days and if it continues to work successfully, I’ll think about loading up with many more files.

I use various usb sticks, although they have sometimes bwcome corrupted by the car (X1), which the franchise sadly couldn’t sort! Now use Qobuz via phone or AK Norma Sr25, both work fine, although I’m looking forward to next car having Android audio (BMW behind the times on a 70-plate car)

1 Like

Have a look at smart itunes playlists… you can populate one with required number of tracks at random and then if on a mac, use a script to copy the tracks to the desired device to replicate the ipod function.

The smart playlists option sounds a possibility, but I think it’s only through the Music app on Mac, and I’m still on iTunes on a PC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.