What do you use for cleaning vinyl?

I recently acquired a record cleaning machine and realised the other day that the applicator brush is missing! I don’t imagine the make of machine is material but it is a Lorricraft.

Is there any consensus amongst vinyl scrubbers here as to whether there is a particular favourite model of brush or are they all basically the same and I’d be as well served buying a replacement from Lorricraft? All reasonable comments welcomed!!

Peter

hi Peter, you can buy the exact brush Loricraft (normally) send out with the machines from their site.

I have the Pro-Ject mk2 and use their own solution and also have the Mo-Fi deep cleanse for really dirty old records. Its a really noisy machine but does the job of cleaning very well! plus i have a very local dealer for spares if needed at any point. Buying an RCM has been the best bang for buck upgrade I’ve made in years! and now when i go digging in used record shops I don’t worry if the records are caked in dirt as long as they are scratch free and flat I’m sorted!

I also have the Project RCM (mk1) and it is good. I prefer the Nitty Gritty Pure2 to the Project liquid though. For very dirty vinyls, I usually do 2 washing cycles.

M.

I have an AudioDesk and use their fluid.
Paul Rigby has published two interesting articles in his online The Audiophile Man site. It Seems nobody has really researched the effect of alcohol on vinyl.

Either VPI or Clearaudio Pure Groove fluid via a spray bottle using a VPI 15 record cleaning machine and a goat hair brush designed for the purpose. Works a treat but it’s louder than a vacuum cleaner!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.