What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Still the best concert film ever;

2 Likes

No I can’t think of it. Most white Australians are in denial most would be horrified if the knew/understood the truth. I don’t want to go down the Aussie bashing path as I think it’s an issue for a lot of western nations. We’re not alone.

4 Likes

Totally agree. (And not just Western ones)
Ive updated my last post slightly, I’ll rack my brains and when I remember the other film I was referring to I’ll put it up
:+1:

1 Like

Fight The Power- How Hip Hop Changed The World

Watched the first episode this morning, absolutely fantastic!

Well done the Beeb

2 Likes

Enjoyed this story of Jesse Brown, the US first Black Navy pilot. A typical tale of overcoming racism. Heroics and some good Top Gun style action scenes

download.jpeg

1 Like

The sory of Dr Ludwig Guttmann and the “untreatable” patients whos lives he transformed in the face of medical establishment resistance, early Stoke Mandeville and the birth of the Paralympic Games

1 Like

Moonfall - Streamed via amazon Prime. Wonderfully awful, but thoroughly enjoyable in every way! Dreadful story, script,FX and characterisation, but the decent cast are having fun giving ‘the full ham’, inc a scene stealing Donald Sutherland. A proper Roland ‘throw everything at the screen’ Emmerich movie. Apocalyptic fun for all the family.

2 Likes

Good luck,Leo Grande.
Emma Thompson recently widowed from a marriage lacking in passion goes in search,by hiring a male sex worker,to discover what she might have missed.
It isn’t particularly salacious,although methodology is discussed.
Charming,wordy,revelatory,frank and cleverly acted.
On Amazon Prime.

4 Likes

Well played story of a love triangle between a woman, a gay and bisexual man in 1950’s Brighton and the ridiculous homophopbia, illegality and moral outrage of the times.

It’s Styles over Substance. ……time out review.

I enjoyed it,but then, I am of that sorta period.
I like stories that could come from real life and feature people I might know.

1 Like

Just read that review, I disagree.

Be interesting to hear the opinion from our gay friends

Just completed part 2 with a lump in my throat…

Building walls, America First, turning away refugee boats, (the appalling story of the liner St Louis), the demonising of refugees who have been smuggled across borders in return for money, sound familiar today? Substitute Lindberg for Trump, christ’s sake have we not learned anything!

I’m dreading part 3 as the “final solution” aporoaches but it must be watched

2 Likes

Bank of Dave on Netflix - slight and schmaltzy maybe but a heartwarming counterpoint to the general doom and gloom. Based on a true(ish) story.

download

2 Likes

After all the harrowing misery of watching The US And The Holocaust felt like some light hearted froth.
Then the opening scene is set in a neo nazi meeting! Aaaaaaargh!
Otherwise an amusing tale with Seth Rogen as a journalist who meets his former babysitter who happens to be running for president and hires him to be her speechwriter.

download.jpeg

2 Likes

My God…avoid. what was Ralph Feinnes thinking?
Safely say the worst film Ive ever seen. Snakes On A Plane is no longer bottom.

1 Like

I’m surprised its got a 7.3 IMBD rating

Love this comedy series from BBC Wales, now up to series 3 on i player

1 Like

Give it a go Dread, you make click with it.
It just wasnt one thing or another, it didn’t know where to go.

For a food based horror satire Delicatessen is brilliant

6 Likes

Seems to be a Holocaust theme running through the Beeb.
After The US And The Holocaust which I’m currently watching, last night there was How The Holocaust Began and tonight in the Storyville series Three Minutes: A Lengthening, a documentary based on just 3 minutes of surviving footage of a Jewish Community in a town in Poland where only 100 inhabitants survived.

Then the film Denial on Beeb 2 tonight, I’ve seen it before its really good and stars Timothy Spall as the vile David Irving and the libel case and trial he brought against historian Deborah Lipstadt played by Rachel Weisz.

1 Like