What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Three tonnes of solid gold, six armed robbers and an audacious heist that stunned Britain. Stealing it was just the start. Drama series inspired by true events surrounding the 1983 Brink’s-Mat robbery and the remarkable story that followed. Starring Dominic Cooper and Hugh Bonneville.

1 Like

I initially enjoyed The Gold however the depiction of Noye & Palmer as cheeky chappie’s or loveable rogues airbrushes the truly nasty individuals they were.
Although he got away with it, Noye stabbed police officer John Fordham ten times and later stabbed and murdered Stephen Cameron in a “road rage” attack on the M25.
Palmer amassed a further fortune through his corrupt property and timeshare rackets, allegedly breaking the legs of anyone who complained when they were ripped off.

4 Likes

Everything Everywhere All At Once

I cant believe this apparently got seven Oscars including Best Picture, Original Screenplay and Director.

I bailed out after an hour

download.jpeg

4 Likes

Totally engrossing film with Carrey Mulligan stealing every scene.

1 Like

Now theres a coincidence, I was just this second in the process of posting

So I second that choice :+1:

Bonkers movies, I can handle, but this was totally incomprehensible.

Tried it twice, but like you, decided that life is too short to watch dross like this. :-1:

1 Like

I enjoyed Denzil Washington (as I usually do) here as an anti establishment civil rights activist lawyer who finds himself out of work and money when his law firm closes and subsequent events lead him to become poacher turned gamekeeper on the wrong side of the law.

movieposter

2 Likes

Says a lot about the Oscars too

Oscars?

Pfft, another load of old dross.

2 Likes

Exactly! I dont have time for award shows period, BAFTA Grammys, Brits, Mercury, MOBO you name em! :+1:

1 Like

Doesn’t he say at one point he is listening to Winter in America by Gil Scott/Heron and Brian Jackson.

1 Like

Thats right, hes entering a court building and doesnt want to put his music player through the security scanner saying the last time he “lost the bass range on Gil Scott Heron…” (forgot which track)

1 Like

Just watched “Three Thousand Years of Longing” on Amazon Prime starring Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba. An interesting concept and visually stunning, not particularly original, but the performances from the two leads are excellent.

1 Like

Yes I picked it up the other day thinking the two leads would produce something special. Interesting and worth a watch but….

Just started watching this, looks promising.

1 Like

Just watched it, thankyou for the tip

I quite enjoyed it, I have no idea what it’s about though and I certainly couldn’t explain it to anyone.

1 Like

Sounds about right :joy:

1 Like

This is a bonkers film when youve nothing better to do…

And perhaps in a particular frame of mind…

4 Likes

Absolutely mad and you do have to wonder what the pitch was and to whom to actually get the thing made?!

1 Like