What HiFi article today - “ 9 of the best Naim Audio products of all time”

Makes interesting reading and will be interested to hear what folks think of these selections, and what may be missing from What HiFi’s list (or indeed maybe shouldn’t have been included).

ATB. George.

5 Likes

Wot no NAT 01 or NAC 552?

4 Likes

Or the CDS

1 Like

Don’t panic folks- it’s a WHF article. In journalistic quality, it’s not the brightest star in the night sky

5 Likes

Of course, the trouble is that Naim has rarely had a dud product, and even then, there’s usually been at least something compelling about it. However, missing out the NAT01 from the top 9 is a clear oversight. Now, had it been 10 of the best…

2 Likes

Would be interesting to hear what are the top 9 Naim components that forum items would have chosen it they’d written the article! Thoughts?

I only started my Naim journey in 2012, so can’t easily compile a list to include items that I haven’t heard (e.g. SBL, Chrome Bumper or Olive). I agree with PB that NAC552 (&/or NAP500) should be on there though.

George.

Nait 1
Nait 2
NAC 52
NAP 250
NAP 500
NA CDS
NAT-101
Naim DBL

4 Likes

No Nac72?

1 Like

You have read the article well.

They manage to survive which is a special and underappreciated quality!

Would have been much more interested in a list of the worst.

Some hits, some misses.

I would suggest the following:

Delete CD5si for CDS.
Delete SN3 for 52.
Delete 272 for NAT 01.

I’m sorely tempted to delete the SBL for the DBL . . .

No argument with the 32/SNAPS/250, NAIT1, Aro (shocked they got that right), ND555, or Statement (however obvious).

1 Like

Funny the much discussed NAC272 is included, that must ruffle a few feathers. :scream:

1 Like

Surprised by the omission of the NAC 52, which really was a significant milestone for Naim because it was such a huge improvement on anything that had preceded it. Maybe I am showing my age.

Not surprised by the inclusion of the only dud Naim Audio product that I have ever encountered.

1 Like

No support for 135s?
I would add 52, 01 and 135s but agree with SBLs.

1 Like

The 72/Hicap/140 is a legend. Great package and affordable.

At least the Aro was there.

1 Like

Either Uniti or Nova should be in there IMHO.

2 Likes

Where was the goddam cassette deck?

1 Like

And the electrostatic loudspeaker?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.