What hifi or music did Santa bring you?

So… what did the fat bloke bring you…music or hifi bits.

I got my Zavvi lucky dip…

10 Likes

Just been delivered 10 minutes ago by Acoustica, living in the garage for a couple of days

10 Likes

You got the same 6 as I did.
Halfway through a first listen.
All sounding great so far.

1 Like

Lovely Bread maker you have there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Chord Hugo 2 TT and Innuos Zenith to replace CDX2/XPS2.

5 Likes

SL2’s…? Nice… :slightly_smiling_face:

I am expecting some big boxes too, in a few days. But not as esoteric as those… :thinking:

1 Like

A Naim Hiline to put between my CD5XS and NAC152XS. Can’t wait to try it when I am back in town on Tues.

4 Likes

My nd5 xs2 was my mid year present, coverying birthday/Christmas/anniversary presents for the whole year :hugs:

4 Likes

In terms of music Mrs. H. kindly purchased 5 CDs off Amazon for me which were on the pricey side owing to their relative rarity. These are the first CDs she’s purchased we will never actually play. Ripped immediately to the Innuos.

2 Likes

Currents by Tame Impala aka Kevin Parker - present from son.
Sounds well produced but thought it was not my cup of tea - second listen and the jury’s still out.

Yes, they were pulled from @TimOopNorth system on Monday, I was supposed to collect them on Tuesday but Wales was put into lockdown so they arranged delivery today fair play. They’re a bit of a shot in the dark really, I need speakers that can go tight against a wall and these seemed worth a go, I love SBLs so fingers crossed

2 Likes

I was given a well looked after 34 yr old Linn Axis turntable with its original cartridge as a gift and Mrs B promptly purchased some vinyl for me. Pink Floyd, SRV & Gary Moore. All sounds incredible and I believe the vinyl bug has bit…

7 Likes

Well I loved the SBLs I had before the SL2s and loved the SL2s even more. I very much hope you feel the same way. They were both against a wall on a nice solid floor and both did well here. Wouldn’t have got rid of the SL2s but managed to swing a deal for the 808s by trading lots in that made them affordable years before I expected to be able to

Mrs Bruss has promised to pay for a new TT for Christmas but wouldn’t let me get it until Christmas as she likes to give a gift on the day. I haven’t, still, decided which one so today it’s been when are you going to get it, you know I like to give a gift for Christmas.

I’m lucky but the pressure! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Which digital and analogue cables do you use?

Santa was very kind to me this year, and I received these CDs and Blu-ray.

Have only listened to the Marillion Blu-ray so far - it is excellent and highly recommend to other fans of the band. Alongside the concert from Cardiff, it has bonus recordings from Paris and Royal Albert Hall, plus the Friends From The Orchestra album in hi-res stereo and surround sound. Brings back great memories of seeing the band at RAH on this tour.

2 Likes

Vertere RG-1 and Reference arm :grinning:

4 Likes

I thought these were Nigel’s (HH) who has up(down) graded his speakers? Enjoy them!:sunglasses:

1 Like

This year Santa brought me …

… a pair GURU Q10 Loudspeakers.
Not from Northpole but from lovely Sweden.

I am definitely amazed so far. (I have them since 2 days.) I have to admit that I am catching myself that my eyes are looking and searching for the subwoofer in my own room. It is a little crazy …

Merry groovy rockin‘ funky Christmas
colormind

9 Likes

Champagne or Black?

Looks down back of sofa. :joy:

1 Like