What hifi or music did Santa bring you?

Chord USB to the DAC. Chord RCA to RCA to the pre. Unable to detect any differences between the latter and RCA to DIN. Not done any cable dressing at all yet or learnt my way around the DAC. Literally plug and play.

1 Like

Just our family and friends idea. We agreed no presents or gifts. Except equivalent donations to charity, we do this most every year anyway. This year it was a young persons homeless charity. All the best whatever your decision.

10 Likes

Santa rocks. Hope to play some of it tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

A larger SSD for my Roon NUC to store my music on :wink:

3 Likes

Ina Müller, a fantastic 55 years old german lady and a Vitra Bird.

11 Likes

Looks great, your setup, what phono stage are you using there?

1 Like

Ha, boxes for moving house

Yes to be fair to it it does what it’s supposed to consistently

Just out this very minute, for the inevitable pigs in blankets and stuffing sarnie for Boxing Day breakfast that I’m forced to endure, the missus thinks I’ll be hungry this morning :rofl::rofl: I haven’t the heart to tell her

4 Likes

I’ve been totally blown away by this!! Its funky, acid African meets Colombian jazz…i can’t recommend it enoughIt follows another record that I recently acquired under this label Hallelujah Chicken Run Band

2 Likes

SBL to SL2 is surely, a slam dunk…? :smile:

I also need speakers to go close to a wall, but I will not be going down the SBL/SL2 route - well not yet, maybe… Nice idea, though.

2 Likes

I’ve got Focal Micro Utopias at the moment but they don’t do well against a wall or anywhere near one otherwise I wouldn’t even consider changing them, active SBLs were a close second I thought so if the SL2s are similar hopefully with a touch more refinement then I’m in with a chance, then I’ll get a couple more 135s and make them active, if not then I can always sell them on. In an ordinary world I would of had a serious listen first but not now. I’ll hang on to the Focals for now just in case

2 Likes

I am (hopefully) heading down the Kudos route, via a pre-loved option.
From next week… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Two weeks before chrimbo I ordered a NDX2, this was due to be delivered sometime in January. Got a message from the dealer on the 23rd to say its on its way and I’m hoping to have it in the system by the 29th. Not quite chrimbo but it is in the season (!) and I cannot wait.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday :santa:

10 Likes

ATR celebration 40 based on Project tt. Preamp Goldnote ph-10

1 Like

Picked up a 300DR on 22nd December. A wonderful improvement on its 250DR predecessor

14 Likes

This by Nubya Garcia, one of the CDs received from in-laws. Ye gods it’s damn good. Bass lines make the room shake and her sax is mesmerising😛

7 Likes

From santa

10 Likes

So?.. You decided yet? The suspense is killing me :grin:

1 Like

The BT elves gave us full fibre broadband in December. From 2.5Mbps a year ago to 150 now!

7 Likes

So that’s twenty-three discs to get through (and I’ve still got half the Bob Marley box set as well)…see you next year…

11 Likes

Lucky you. We have a community fibre project going on here and target has almost been reached so hopefully in about 12 months time we’ll have fibre to the home as well

1 Like