What is my best upgrade

Hi,

Was set on the Ndac until I phoned local dealer and they advised that I should upgrade bluesound and starting talking about clock timings.

I thought the important bit is the DAC in digital music. The blue sound paired with an Ndac is just providing a hi res file through BluOS via qobuz?

Or I have a grossly oversimplified that.

Iā€™m going to agree with a few others, the ND5XS would definitely be your best option.

1 Like

Both bits are important - dac and streamer. Getting an ND5XS2, as suggested many times, is the simplest and almost certainly best way to go. You can link it to your amplifier and then use the Naim app to control volume and inputs, which is a nice touch.

1 Like

Roger that.

Both were suggested in my defence, and i liked the idea of multiple digital inputs on ndad plus read good things about the burr brown.

Now, knowing the complete picture i will go back to looking for a ND5 XS2. Though to be fair i removed the surge protection extension lead i had on everything and started using quboz and noticed a massive improvement!

2 Likes

The ND5XS2 also has multiple digital inputs and a Burr-Brown dac chip.

Is this by any chance a dealer who doesnā€™t have an NDAC to sell you? While I agree that an ND5XS2 would be a great match in your system, the NDAC is without doubt a much more capable DAC. It certainly isnā€™t immune to the effects of a poor digital transport, but I would be very surprised if you didnā€™t prefer the sound of a Node/NDAC to an ND5XS2.
Still, the ND5XS2 is a nice streamer, integrates well with your amp and itā€™s one less box, so still a valid choice.

In his defence he didnā€™t have an nd5 xs2 to sell me either!

No, but he must at least live in hope that Naim will ship him some eventually!

Iā€™m keeping an eye for some used ones! But they donā€™t seem to come around!

Might see if a company will take an offer or deal for one. Plenty of new ones around!

Lots of stuff is in short supply right now, and I believe the ND5XS2 is one of the items most affected by parts supply shortages, so you may need to be patient.

For those still following I have just pulled the plug on a used ND5 XS2 from a well known auction site.

Canā€™t wait to receive it!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.