What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Just bought the entire catalogue in WAV from Bandcamp, sounds delicious.

3 Likes

Yep, I have all their stuff too, Mike. A good solid prog’ band, I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.

1 Like

Kikagaku Moyo/幾何学模様 | Kumoyo Island | bandcamp | 24/48 FLAC
Pre-ordered their latest psychedelic album for its 6th May release.

1 Like

Qobuz 16/44.1 AIFF

2 Likes

Bonnie Raitt | Just Like That & Spritualized | Everything Was Beautiful
Both from Qobuz in 24/96 | FLAC

3 Likes

Never ceases to baffle me the pricing - both same format. But Bonnie is double the price of Spiritualized. I note the latter has a 50% sublime discount but even then…

Big fan of both and at the price the Spiritualized album was purchased without hesitation but I have pushed back on the Bonnie album £11.29 with the sublime discount these days seems a bit much.

1 Like

It is ridiculous and very hard to understand the pricing sometimes, other than they think that they will get away with it from mug punters. What really grates my gears are the price hikes for hi-res issues or re-issues.

1 Like

Well it just had to be done:

Qobuz: 24-48

7 Likes

Steve Roach / Jeffrey Fayman / Robert Fripp | Trance Spirits
bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

2 Likes

Just downloaded all StarWars music in highres from Prostudio masters at a discounted price….

3 Likes

Thanks Steve_S - picked this up over the weekend.
as well as:

+

1 Like

The Pineapple Thief | Give It Back | Qobuz | FLAC 24/96
The Black Keys | Dropout Boogie | Qobuz | FLAC 24/48

4 Likes

CODE | Their early discography to date | bandcamp | 24/48 | FLAC

Love Perfection
Matter & Motion
Light Years
Ghostship

"C O D E earned their stripes in the live electronic scene of '90s clubland London, heralded by Kiss FM, John Peel and John Digweed before signing with Third Mind Records. 2020 saw a surprising (and critically well-received) album "GHOST SHIP”. "

2 Likes

CODE | Continuum | Pre-order | bandcamp | 24/48 FLAC

" ‘Continuum’ is further proof that the music produced by CODE in the 1990s has stood the test of time and stands up well against more recognised electronic acts of that era."

" ‘Continuum’ has been assembled by remodelling material from archived studio sessions and sounds like it could have been made yesterday. Emotionally engaging and exquisitely produced, it is timeless music that, although carrying traces of influences such as Kraftwerk, The Blue Nile, Talk Talk, David Sylvian and Pink Floyd, also has a romantic techno intensity all of its own." - Notes from Gary Levermore, Founder of Third Mind Records

2 Likes

Darkroom | The Last Sense To Fade | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

Drive-By Truckers | Welcome 2 Club XIII | Qobuz | 24/96 | FLAC

5 Likes

They went to school with me Steve, and Graham from the band is my oldest mate (almost 50 years)!

2 Likes

That’s really good to know Kev, I don’t play them as much as I should but like their stuff. So much music, so little time!

1 Like

Jacquelin Du Pré & Daniel Barenboim | Qobuz | 24/192 | FLAC
Several of this series of recent hi-res releases from Warner Classics.

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding that this one has now been released.

1 Like