What is the one hi-fi thing you regret selling?

:laughing:

Nothing.

Another thread needed: what do you regret not buying!

3 Likes

Well there are several things but my lovely Ruark Sabre speakers, given to someone who blew them up.

A Naim DAC V1 to connect to the BluRay and TV .

My first pair of Allae’s after 13 years of ownership.
After a couple of months I really did miss them 18 months later I purchased another pair.

1 Like

My very early Mk1 Rega Ela speakers. I regretted so much that since then I have not sold a single piece of hifi.

I managed to source a replacement pair recently to make a second system. Phew!

1 Like

My JR149’s. Terrific speaker for its size and cost.

1 Like

audio innovations 500, sold twice, bought three times.

1 Like

uh, and the nait 2 that i bought back and is playing right now

Argh …

Regret my SME 20/2a.

1 Like

My stupid pair of Martin Logan Quest Zs. My wife made me do it about 10 years ago and I still miss those #@&)!! speakers. Now they’re part of my psychological warfare arsenal.

1 Like

my mint, unmarked and one owner from new Kans, they went to America and the buyer politely declined my offer to include the stands which were part of the sale :o(

1 Like

Nait 2, even though I did get more than I paid for it. It would probably cost me another £300+ again to replace it.

Maple, Box Furniture, 4 shelf rack.

My 52. It was an early one and came with a really scruffy grey burndy. I wanted a unity gain input which it didn’t have. The dealer quoted £300 iirc, but it turned out that the amp would need a total rebuild to accommodate that. Naim, or the dealer, I can’t remember which, agreed to do this for the price quoted. So, I ended up with a final spec 52, factory serviced, and sounding great, for peanuts. Added a black burndy and when I sold it on eBay got less than £1k (about half the cost of purchase plus rebuild plus service plus burndy). Gutted.

My Onix OA21 with soap power supply

1 Like

My 52 and the 135s.
Also my Nait 1.

2 Likes

2 things, Nakamichi 700ZXL and Michel Gyrodec, both top pieces of kit

My beautiful immaculate cherry SBLs which I think went to HH (tho’ I may be wrong). Whoever, they didn’t keep them long and moved them on. Now every time I see a pair of scruffy cherry SBLs on that auction site I wonder if they are mine fallen on hard times…

If I had known the impact of replacing my 250 with 2 x 135s I would certainly have kept them but I had already committed to the sale by the time the 135s arrived in preparation for the totems.

c’est la vie…