What is the UK Plug Naim Powerline Lite floating construction?

I want to know for the Powerline Lite UK Plug, can the checker head that is plugged into the AC mains move or is not fixed?

Because I either hold the cord holder against the head, not gripping tightly or rocking each other
also on the 3 legs the UK Plug can also move respectively to its house

is this normal or named floating construction ?

thank you

I don’t really understand your english, but if you mean, do the L,N & E pins move in their housing. Yes, they are not moulded into the plug head & can move slightly, so called floating.

2 Likes

As Mike says, the pins do feel slightly loose due to the ‘floating’ design. The cable grip assembly is also decoupled from the main plug housing by slotting into it. Here’s what it looks like inside…

1 Like

@Mike-B
@james_n

thank you for the complete information
this is the first time I use a powercord with a construction that can move or float

Naim is unique

thank you

13A fuse?

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Do Naim fit all PLL’s with those? I confess I never looked - just plugged them in…

1 Like

I believe so Andy as Naim recommend 13A fuses be fitted.

1 Like

My two PL Lites have SEM (brand) 13 amp fuses

1 Like

Well… if I’m ever stuck for a kettle lead…
I wonder if it would make the tea taste better?

3 Likes

I have yet to find a kettle that actually takes an IEC320 plug (socket)
But I’m convinced that stirring the pot with loose tea (or teabag [yuk]) counter clockwise is very beneficial in depth of flavour terms compared to stirring clockwise

2 Likes

some of my friends say if the fuse is replaced with an Atlas 10A then the sound has an increase, is it true?

Argos seem to only have cordless…

The closest thing to a corded kettle in our house is my better half’s distilled water machine, which actually has the ‘standard’ C13/C14 connector, rather than the ‘high temperature’ C15/C16. But it is only rated at 860W.

I also want to ask, for Naim Powerline Lite is it more suitable for use on the Naim CD Player (I use CDX) or on Power Naim (I use NAP 140)?

Best to try it for yourself and see what you find works best in your setup. With regard to the fuse, I would stick with the standard 13A fuse as supplied.

Yes PL Lite is suitable for both CDX & 0live NAP140

1 Like

I’ll have to try that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.