What is your experience with shuffling Spotify playlists in these two scenarios?

A) Spotify Connect: whenever I shuffle a playlist, using Unity Atom as a target device, it chooses a song at random, but after the song finishes, Spotify just continues to play in the order as in the playlist, in a non-shuffled mode. I also found out that even if I enable the shuffle (button or in menu), it always reverts to a non-shuffle mode in a few seconds. This applies to iPhone/iPad/Windows client.

I have done some Google research and I have also come across several discussions about the following:

B) Shuffling a playlist with a lot of songs: the shuffle algorithm seems to be limited and there is not a random play for all songs, but only for a particular sub-set. I have not reproduced this yet, as I am enough concerned about the Spotify Connect behaviour, which already limits me enough. This seems to be a long-term issue that has not been solved for years (at least for some of the posters).

Despite some hints to re-install, clearing cache or other procedures, I tend to think these wouldn’t be real resolutions, but there is poor algorithm/bug or even functional intention the software to behave so.

What is your experience and if you had the same issues, did you manage to solve them?
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.