What is your favourite Beatles cover?

You beat me to it. That’s a great cover and the first one I thought of.

1 Like

I remember being blown away by Alma Cogan’s version of Eight Days a Week. Just totally unexpected but it works. All the more interesting given the back story.

3 Likes

You Can’t Do That. So many covers/quotes included. Fun and clever.

2 Likes

None really but if I had to choose one, Doug Parkinson Dear Prudence

I like Manfred Mann’s cover of Springsteen’s “Spirits in the Night” better than the original.

Both good picks.

1 Like

Quite like Phil Collins’ version of “Tomorrow Never Knows”, but better than The Beatles original? Not so sure.

1 Like

Blast from the past - he was sensational

RIP

1 Like

What about the 11:07 version of a day in the life

This is quite interesting at least

1 Like

For a bit of fun here’s another one

The lyrics have been altered slightly I guess…

Let’s not forget that some of their biggest hits were their own covers of songs originally recorded by other artists. Here is a small sample:

Songs covered by The Beatles

4 Likes

Rock legend tells us that Jimi Hendrix played his account of the whole of ‘Sergeant Pepper’ in concert in London the day after it had been released. My memory is fading, but I think that Lennon or McCartney were in the audience.

1 Like

I believe it was just the title track. From PM interviews I’ve heard.

1 Like

Hendrix opens side two of the In the West album with a loose rocking version of Sgt Pepper.

1 Like

Just played through my copy of GB’s “Tenderly” album, and had forgotten his cover of ‘Here, There and Everywhere’. Very different to the Fab’s original and it won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I rather enjoy this interpretation.

2 Likes

Have you heard Sheila Chandra’s cover of Tomorrow Never Knows?

Or indeed Bobbie Gentry’s? (She also did a Spanish AND a Japanese version).

I imagine "Ouch!,"by the Rutles is not allowed…

1 Like

I see a few picks for Dear Prudence, the cover by Tok Tok Tok is outstanding IMO. They do a whole album of Beatles songs, but this one stands out.
imageDear Prudence