What is your favourite J.J.Cale album?

After having a blowout on a few JJ Cale albums I thought I’d canvas opinion on forum members favourites.
I think my personal favourite is the “Gaulois” album Shades.

2 Likes

Does this count? Or am I cheating?

2 Likes

No compilations allowed!

Naturally, naturally!

2 Likes

image image

9 Likes

Aaawwww, there was no fine print in to post! :rofl:

Then I have to go for Naturally!

1 Like

I don’t count compilations as albums but YMMV.

Yeah you are right.

It’s a killer vinyl though, IMHO.

1 Like

I used to find that in my days of vinyl playing, compilations generally sounded worse than albums because they try and pack so many tracks onto each side.
Even with CD’s it’s an issue for some players to read all the tracks successfully especially when trying to rip onto a drive.

1 Like

On my kit I can’t complain about this one though. Got an older copy of Naturally and to my ears the tracks on the comp compares very favorably. They stretched it over three lp’s at least.

1 Like

An all time classic.

However, we should not forget the great guitar playing of Mac Gayden on the early albums and of course his work in the Velvet Underground :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Listening to this right now!

1 Like

Have you tried the reissue, recently sorted? I don’t remember if it’s Analogue Production or Speakers Corner.

1 Like

No alas I’m not a vinyl person.

1 Like

I love every album of his. But if I had to choose just one, it would be Naturally

1 Like

This seems to be the “natural” choice for most so far.

3 Likes

I agree.

I like a lot one track in it. Don’t remember the name.

The last track, “Cloudy Day” is probably my favourite with a particularly fine sax solo in it.

1 Like