What made you downsize?

I was just the opposite, Nickd, preferring CD player over streaming. As a Luddite, I like the experience of physical media, either CD or LP, so I don’t have to faff about finding the album or track on an NAS somebody stick.
I must say, I find the sound of my Star far better than my Uniti 1, it’s my preference, and maybe my final upgrade, unless I find funds to upgrade my RP3.
Just after I think my setup couldn’t sound any better, “what if” starts niggling.

Hi Geoff, yes i certainly prefer the physical media aspect too, and love my collection of vinyl, and even though my CDs are ripped to a nasdrive for convenience I might just pick up a cd too, mainly I suppose for a tactile experience. I thought my Nova might be my final piece of hardware too, but sometimes you just never know!

I didn’t exactly downsize, because I still have the big Naim system, albeit in storage.

Temporary flat for a couple years prompted me to swap 7 Naim boxes and a pair of PMCs for two midi sized Luxman boxes and a pair of Omegas. Full width rack replaced with a Quadraspire midi width rack so footprint is much smaller, not just box count.

I’ve written extensively on it in another thread so won’t rehash that. The punchline is that an entire system costing about 1/8th the cost of my Naim/PMC does a few things better. A couple thing much better. It’s a keeper.

I hardly post on the forum recently because I’m so happy with where I’m at that hifi takes a back seat.

I would’t have downsized unless circumstances forced me. But they did and I love the result.

7 Likes

Your system was followed with much interest, also because it was so very well thought out

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.