What made you smile today? ☺️

Here is a scanning electron microscope image of a maggot or larva of the bluebottle fly (look at those eyes and fangs):

Wishing everyone a lovely start to the week :relaxed:

16 Likes

Looks like it’s made of cookie dough and marzipan. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The visible appreciation on a French person’s face as I said in very poor French that I would like to buy some of his wine. I got the impression that my attempt at his language was appreciated as much as the Euros that then changed hands. It made me smile, and glad that I tried, rather than the typical Brit’s approach of speaking English, louder….

6 Likes

Thought it was a typical Naim Forum member…

4 Likes

Hopefully not!

Having Mrs Houdini on my knee after a day that left me as a cross between Hannibal Lector and Attila The Hun .

She sits directly opposite me on my knee regarding me and purring

3 Likes

Well, may I say a far better thread than my ill-fated ‘what’s annoyed you today?’ :grin:

There ya go - it made me smile!

4 Likes

Reading about Queen Elizabeth II’s dogs.

I’ve wanted a corgi myself after ‘being in charge’ of a friend’s mischievous one on a train a few years ago.

I’m more a cat person of course, and don’t know much about these ‘cross breed’ dogs but I’d never heard of a Dorgi until today - apparently a mishap with the Queen’s corgi and Princess Margaret’s amorous dachshund Pipkin - reminds me of the common dog visiting Tricki-Woo in All Creatures Great and Small.

4 Likes

There are some very cute Dachshund crosses. AC, I reckon you might rather like a Chiweenie. Here’s Daphne…

8 Likes

@anon21135817 may have some wise words, I tend to see barriers and negatives, but I think the kids would love a dog, in fact a pet of any kind.

It’s probably a reflection of how upset I’ve been losing pets over the years that I’ve not got another.

2 Likes

I find pets can be excellent teachers - for both young and old…

5 Likes

Yes, I suspect for a variety of reasons I’ve been waiting for ‘the right time’ - that may never come and then it will be too late.

1 Like

Yours Richard?

Many things. Coffee on the prom, sitting in the garden in the sun having lunch. A nordic walk this afternoon. The help from one of my new neighbours in the garden, she helped me gain some much-needed knowledge about what I need to do this autumn. A wandering cat, who I often see in the area came over and demanded some strokes when I was putting some recycling in the bin.

2 Likes

It’s the simple things, which are often inexpensive or more often free!

2 Likes

No, she’s a friend’s. An “accident” but ever so cute.

1 Like

I should have guessed, Louby Lou would not be happy!

The realisation that i do have a printer.

Willy.

2 Likes

No she wouldn’t! Having said that she loves Twig and having established the hierarchy early on, she even gets on pretty well with Luna.so long as she leads the pack she’s happy…

1 Like

waking up this morning…

8 Likes