What made you smile today? ☺️

Pulled out a draw to look for some staples and found my badge collection.

Did make me smile - we used to wear these things.

7 Likes

That’s bizarre Satori - someone said almost exactly the same to me this afternoon.

1 Like

waking up this morning…

5 Likes

A negative CV19 test this evening

4 Likes

A Ukranian student telling me their father was in the military. I saluted them, they saluted back, and we smiled at the recent successes.

Valhalla awaits.

7 Likes

Sometimes though we can be woken too early by factors beyond our control :smiley:

…I am in my 70’s so I get the opportunity to wake up and smile a few times during the night and have for years. :wink:

6 Likes

I’m a bit younger but so do I if that’s any consolation!

It also doesn’t help that I’m a night owl and turn in late - Mrs AC isn’t and her jarring alarm wakes me early as she starts work much earlier.

2 Likes

As an old(er) man I can confirm that I am often snoring before going to bed.

6 Likes

For 40 years I was a night owl, and thought that my predisposition to stay up late was well matched to my chosen career in boarding schools. When I moved out of residential responsibilities after 32 years I was worried that commuting for more than 30 seconds would be a step too far.

How wrong I was. Now I am an early bird, who gets to use the BiFrost before any other Asgaardian stirs, and am finally synchronised with the rest of the family who, I have discovered, are actually quite pleasant.

The realm of light is a wonderful thing and makes me smile every dawn with a spectacle almost worthy of the aurora borealis, chorused by nature. :innocent:

11 Likes

Saturn has always been a favourite of mine in our solar system (from NASA/JPL-Caltech):

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

1 Like

Mrs Willy started an upholstery class yesterday. This morning she was telling me about the tools she needed to get, including a hammer with a “magnifying” head that holds the tack. Mrs Malaprop would have been so proud.

Willy.

5 Likes

Catching up with ‘farming today’ on BBC radio 4 where they are talking about goats this week. The Royal Welsh has a mascot, a goat, Shenkin IV. He was chosen because he had a perm …

3 Likes

A young lady sitting facing rowards me at a table very near mine in an open riverside restaurant, very evidently wearing no bra under her thin top, suddenly leaping to her feet and near running towards me…

No, not the perhaps obvious reason for smiling: what made me smile was discovering the reason for the abrupt movement: the young lady having seen an elderly man fall off the edge of the path apparently into the river, simply dashed to help rather than waiting for others or yelling etc. (Several other people responded shortly after her, following to help. Fortunately the man was shaken but unharmed having managed to stop himself sliding down the embankment into the water).

6 Likes

Don’t wear ladiesshoes, IB!

1 Like

Watching Charlie the cat looking with amazement at the flames through the glass of our new log burner. Been on order for months so my listening buddy will be pulling up his bed closer in the coming months.

3 Likes

This comment from a family member’s facebook page , a few weeks ago he left home telling his wife he was off for the North Atlantic and a trip to New York for down time and would be back in time for Christmas .

He got as far as the Isle Of Wight and is now in London

5 Likes

I didn’t have the opportunity to see Virtual Symmetry live at 299 Great Portland Street (after the KJW1 audition) because of a customs delay. The promoter suggested that I chat to the band downstairs and request to be put on their guest list. Thank you Virtual Symmetry: I’m looking forward to seeing you this evening at the Manchester Academy.

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

1 Like

Getting the invoice to service my little Suzuki Jimny, having had Mercs and BMWs for last few years it’s nice to not shake when the hand you the bill.

6 Likes

What/who is KWJ1?

1 Like