What motorcycle do you ride and what do you think of it?

Dont you just love classy older machines!

2 Likes

Superb back drop!

Nice, a proper tourer!

Looks like it’s doing 100mph standing still!

I’ve had this since 97, it’s lucky if it gets cleaned once a year. New barrels and pistons around 2000 and cleaned the sludge trap. It got 36mm carbs at the same time, a set of timing gears and Öhlins shocks too. I’ve taken it round the clock plus a bit since then. I had to re ring it recently as compression was getting a bit low but the valve seats and guides are still in good nick and the Öhlins are holding up over 20 years later. I love this bike.

9 Likes

CCM Spitfire Cafe Racer

Love this bike, light (130kg-ish), plenty of power and great sound from the 600 single. Loads of fun to ride without having to do silly speeds.

And a Speed Triple.

9 Likes

Bit of a Triumph fan boy, both bought new, 2004 Triumph Speed Triple and 2017 Thunderbird Storm- from when my wife expressed a desire to be a pillion passenger- but hasn’t happened much- kept the Storm though as it pulls like a train and is great fun, 1700cc engine on it.

Had an itch to acquire a 3rd bike for some time now - tempted by a GS or similar

8 Likes

I could stare at that 1098 all day- just a classic styled machine- I can see why some put them inside the house

2 Likes

That CCM is a really cool looking bike, bet its a blast to ride :+1:

2 Likes

Love my KTM Adventure 1190 , Ive had it 7 years from new and its been amazing . I went into my KTM dealer for some oil recently wondering whether I’d be tempted into a new one , I half was but then I got back on mine and thought what’s the point … I’ve been to too many places on it to let it go.

7 Likes

This is my 2nd Mutley - stunning bike, just does everything well. Apart from tyre life!

8 Likes

Superb machine, isn’t tyre life slightly connected to throttle movement though, lol.

They are lovely aren’t they!

1 Like

This is my travel/offroad bike.

San Vicente, Bolivia

Here’s my current street ride.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Wow! A lovely collection of bikes, can’t help but notice that one of them has been further away from the cleaning equipment than the other two though!!

I know. But have you tried riding one of these “sedately”? It’s not possible for long.

And this is what they do to tyres!

1 Like

Yes - best bike I’ve every had.

1 Like

do you ride your guzzi in the wet?

1 Like

Can’t you tell? I used to commute on it until I retired two years ago and don’t drive. My house was on a hill that didn’t get gritted so sometimes I’d be on the bus but I hated that and it was rarely for more than a week a year. Fresh snow was no problem but once it had been rolled to ice it was no fun, though it only had me off once in 23 years. Sometimes the best grip was on the footway.
Now I’ve retired to the south of France it rarely sees rain and it has s stablemate that takes care of most of the long trips.

That sees rain too but gets cleaned, sometimes.

6 Likes